MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verify users - FontAwesome - (manual/automatic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Coming back for this later this is cool
Working like a charm!

Thankyou for this again!
I have some more suggestions to improve this plugin:
  • Add feature to add more usergroups verify users (settings)
  • All groups who have this ability see Verify User button in profile.
(2019-06-18, 01:58 PM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]I have some more suggestions to improve this plugin:
  • Add feature to add more usergroups verify users (settings)
  • All groups who have this ability see Verify User button in profile.

In principle it is no problem to select groups in the settings. The users of these groups could also be verified automatically. The problem is that the time does not work anymore. Currently it is like this: As soon as the checkbox "Verify this user" is set, the time at the user is written into the database. So the plugin always knows exactly which user was verified when (on which time!)

If we program this with the group settings: Every user of this group would be verified immediately. But how is it to be determined WHEN it has been verified? The time will never be written in the database

(2019-06-17, 06:13 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]Could just be my forum being weird then..

I know now why it is. I will fix the bug in the next release. The error occurs in MySQL in strict mode.
New Version: 1.4

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...0&bid=3975

Changelog:
Quote:- Fixed a bug that occurred in MySQL Strict mode. (Reported by Metallix)

- Added: A setting to select existing group added. The forum automatically checks 1 time per hour if there are new users in this group and verifies them.  (Setting added, Task added)

(2019-06-17, 05:39 PM)Metallix Wrote: [ -> ]This works for me except when deverifying the user, then it throws an SQL error.

Fixxed on this version 1.4
Without installing, I noticed this block of code in your plugin:

if (!$db->field_exists('verified', "users")) {
    $db->query("ALTER TABLE `" . TABLE_PREFIX . "users` ADD `verified` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';");
    $db->query("ALTER TABLE `" . TABLE_PREFIX . "users` ADD `groupverified` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';");
    $db->query("ALTER TABLE `" . TABLE_PREFIX . "users` ADD `verificationdate` INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';");
}

Using backticks in your SQL statements and queries makes them incompatible with other database engines such as PostgreSQL. Additionally you should not put constraints on your integers (INT(1) for example) as these are only only supported in MySQL/MariaDB.
You're right, of course. Thanks for the feedback. Note for the next update.
Again, I suggest to add other usergroups, who have ability to verify users. And I think verifying shouldn't checkbox, but button beside of Add to Buddy List, Add to Ignore List and Report User. And for next bigger update, there should be verify points, what standars users can be give (each users have limited amount points what them can use in 1 day/week/month/year) and if user reach specific amount of Verify Points, user get verifyed.
(2019-07-04, 12:51 PM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I suggest to add other usergroups, who have ability to verify users. And I think verifying shouldn't checkbox, but button beside of Add to Buddy List, Add to Ignore List and Report User. And for next bigger update, there should be verify points, what standars users can be give (each users have limited amount points what them can use in 1 day/week/month/year) and if user reach specific amount of Verify Points, user get verifyed.

Hi ks1001,

these are both good suggestions. I won't be available for 2 weeks from Sunday and afterwards I will decide if I want to extend the plugin with the features or not. Above all, the question is whether the work is worth it. Currently there is a lot of work going on on MyBB 1.9 and if it is released this year, new plugins / plugin extensions for 1.8 make little/no sense in my opinion.

Time and energy should be used to include them in version 1.9. I hope it will be announced in time, how the plugin system works with 1.9 and if it is very different to 1.8. 

That doesn't mean I won't implement the changes. This just means that I'm trying to manage my time well considering the fact that version 1.9 will be released this year. 

Thank you for your feedback,
itsmeJAY
(2019-07-11, 03:57 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-04, 12:51 PM)ks1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I suggest to add other usergroups, who have ability to verify users. And I think verifying shouldn't checkbox, but button beside of Add to Buddy List, Add to Ignore List and Report User. And for next bigger update, there should be verify points, what standars users can be give (each users have limited amount points what them can use in 1 day/week/month/year) and if user reach specific amount of Verify Points, user get verifyed.

Hi ks1001,

these are both good suggestions. I won't be available for 2 weeks from Sunday and afterwards I will decide if I want to extend the plugin with the features or not. Above all, the question is whether the work is worth it. Currently there is a lot of work going on on MyBB 1.9 and if it is released this year, new plugins / plugin extensions for 1.8 make little/no sense in my opinion.

Time and energy should be used to include them in version 1.9. I hope it will be announced in time, how the plugin system works with 1.9 and if it is very different to 1.8. 

That doesn't mean I won't implement the changes. This just means that I'm trying to manage my time well considering the fact that version 1.9 will be released this year. 

Thank you for your feedback,
itsmeJAY

OK, I submit suggestion to your plugin page, because it's easier to manage there. (And I added some new suggestions)
Pages: 1 2 3