MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Plugin - Permission Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, I hope I've posted it in the right section, if I haven't please could an admin or mod move it, thank you very much.

I have attached a custom plugin for MyBB I'm working on, it's purpose is to show the latest posts on the forum homepage, the problem is - is it's also showing admin/mod posts which guests and normal members can see in the list, I'd like to limit that so only admins and mods can see posts that they've made in the admin/mod section of the forum, the admin/mod section of the forum have the correct permissions, it seems like a slight change of forum permission breaks the code as it won't properly display posts made by admin/mods.

With using ajax, after 30 seconds the admin/mod posts disappear from the list, but reappear on page load.

I've been trying to work on this all day without any success, if anyone could help that would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
You are very welcome!
Don't EVER edit the original post describing the problem.
A good user doesn't do that; on the contrary keeps the problem description and posts the solution (if obtained from elsewhere or solved by ownself) for a reference to other users with similar issue.
(2019-06-16, 02:04 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Don't EVER edit the original post describing the problem.
A good user doesn't do that; on the contrary, keeps the problem description and posts the solution (if obtained from elsewhere or solved by ownself) for a reference to other users with a similar issue.

At first glance... the thread looked like a spam to me because it didn't contain anything useful.

I think often, these users are trying to up their post count.

I don't see how that helps them, though.
(2019-06-16, 02:04 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Don't EVER edit the original post describing the problem.
A good user doesn't do that; on the contrary keeps the problem description and posts the solution (if obtained from elsewhere or solved by ownself) for a reference to other users with similar issue.

I have reverted their post back to the original state.

OP issued with a warning too.