MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 4.0 Theme Setup List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been working on testing the new responsive version of ASB out on popular MyBB front-end themes, and when adjustments are necessary, making a note of it. It is my intention to update this list as I test new themes.

NOTE: These script definition packs are for ASB 4.0 and above

The setup process using these attached .zip files is as follows:
  • Download the setup file for your theme.
  • Unzip it to a folder on your computer.
  • If a file named adjustments.txt exists, it will contain simple CSS adjustments to improve alignment, etc. (make sure to adjust the copy of asb.css for that theme and not the default)
  • In the scripts folder you will find one or more exported XML script definitions. In MyBB ACP, go to Configuration -> Advanced Sidebox -> Manage Scripts -> [Your Theme] At the bottom of the script list, there is a form. Use it to import each of the script definitions in the archive and confirm when asked to overwrite.

The following is a list of all the themes that I have tested. If others have tested themes, just export the adjust script definitions and send them to me. I will include them in the list and give you credit.

#56 Rush
[attachment=41887]

#137 Dark 1.8

No adjustments necessary.

#164 MyRed
[attachment=41888]

#165 MyBBPro
[attachment=41889]

#172 Square
[attachment=41890]

#196 revolution Gaming
[attachment=41891]

#265 vienna

#283 Duende
[attachment=41892]

#303 My Responsive
[attachment=41893]

#357 igame
[attachment=41894]

#617 Flatty
[attachment=41895]

#671 Focus - Premium MyBB Theme
[attachment=41896]
#736 Cerise

#1037 Emerald
[attachment=41898]

#1091 BootBB
[attachment=41899]
reserved
(2019-06-16, 03:43 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]reserved

Is it too late to add another theme?

PM me, please.
(2019-07-09, 03:33 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Is it too late to add another theme?

No, of course, not. Post a link to the theme on the Extend site either here or in the ASB release thread and I'll put it on the list.
(2019-07-09, 10:06 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-09, 03:33 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Is it too late to add another theme?

No, of course, not. Post a link to the theme on the Extend site either here or in the ASB release thread and I'll put it on the list.

It's a paid theme. Not part of the 'Extend' section.
(2019-07-09, 11:35 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]It's a paid theme. Not part of the 'Extend' section.

I have specifically asked for links to the Extend site because I am not interested in supporting paid themes. If the author was paid for their work, then they should support the theme as well.
(2019-07-09, 07:25 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-09, 11:35 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]It's a paid theme. Not part of the 'Extend' section.

I have specifically asked for links to the Extend site because I am not interested in supporting paid themes. If the author was paid for their work, then they should support the theme as well.

I do know for a fact that this theme author does support his themes. 

I do know that his theme (the one I'm testing out now) has a different layout than the "average" theme that you would find in the 'Extend' section.

I'll wait for the official release of Advanced Sidebox 4.0 to see if it will work with this paid theme.

No, I have not tried the ASB 3.x version with this theme because the theme itself is responsive.

I am trying to come up with different options for this new website that I have told you about and that's why I am hoping that ASB 4.0 would be a suitable option for the new website.
I just tested Cerise, the last of the popular themes that I will be configuring as a startup pack for the new version of ASB.

The top 16 MyBB themes have all been tested and the results posted in this thread.

If you find a theme that is not on the list, download it and test it with the new version of ASB on GitHub. Report the results here, and if you couldn't get it to work, I will give it a shot. I will, of course, give you credit for your help in the OP.