MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Copyright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

As i read in MyBB's agreement,change or removing mybb copyright is not allowd ...

But i want to know if someone removes mybb copyrght what happen ? ( As I asked from phpBB admin's they only remome they heps from that site but i dont know what is this in MyBB)
We no longer give support to forums that do not have the copyright in tact, and we take legal action.

You can remove the Copyright for a once off fee though, see here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7#pid82897
rh1n0 Wrote:and we take legal action
Thanks,but i want know what is legan actions exactly ?
We'll be contacting your host and asking them to remove the "pirated" copy of MyBB. And if that doesn't help, Chris can still contact his lawyer.
But there's no need to worry if you don't remove the copyright! Smile

Why are you asking such questions?
I'm not a myBB user at all !

I basically use phpBB (abut 2.5 years) because of its easy laws !

In fact,i'm researching abut free scripts about 3 years !!!

I was tested over 300 free scrips and 83 not free scrips and want to know more and more !

MyBB is nice,really nice,but has very hard license ( As i read ! )

Thanks alot
Hard license? It's only two lines of text.

In the next release (MyBB 1.4) the copyright will be changing.
See here: http://tiki.rct3x.net/2007/05/03/mybb-i-...copyright/
How is "Don't remove copyright" etc a hard liscense. It is all they really require, and is ardly noticeable.

BP
You could just pay to remove the copyright?
[quota=blueparukia] How is "Don't remove copyright" etc a hard liscense. It is all they really require, and is ardly noticeable [/quota]

If you had to choose between Good and best what you choose ?

MyBB is goob,but phpBB is better in many cases such as : licence (you can remove or change Copyright ) , stability and ...

Another phpBB privilege is the releases constantly are slow but MyBB is yong yet and take long time to release a stabilit version

This topic is not for comparing phpBB vs MyBB so please do NOT ask abut this anymore ^_^
Pages: 1 2 3