MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vB4 Private Messages merge cleanup times out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am running the merge-system to merge from my previous vB4 to myBB 1.8.21.
Here are the stats:

Merge source:
- vB 4.2.3
- MySQL 5.5.41

Merge destination:
- MyBB 1.8.21
- MySQLi 5.6.42
- PHP 7.3.5
- Merge-system 1.8.11

Now I successfully imported the users, usergroups, forums, permissions and attempted to import the private messages.
The import it self went fine, but now it is stuck in the "Rebuilding Counters" step for the private messages.
There's a few warnings being posted, but I don't think this is the problem. I think the problem may be caused by the amount of data that I have (~700K private messages, 950K users).

Warning [2] Use of undefined constant IN_MODULE - assumed 'IN_MODULE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 134 - File: merge/resources/output.php PHP 7.3.5 (SunOS)
File	Line	Function
/merge/resources/class_error.php	60	errorHandler->error
/merge/resources/output.php	134	debugErrorHandler->error
/merge/resources/modules/privatemessages.php	109	converterOutput->print_header
/merge/index.php	975	Converter_Module_Privatemessages->cleanup

[Image: iOCUoJg.png]

Now I don't know what to do. The progress bar does not change anymore and all I can basically do is refresh the page.
On another note: I don't seem to see the "imported" sections at all.

What may I do? Can/Should I reset/abort the current "merge" step?
Hit me up if there is any information missing from my side.

Regards
Phil
Update:
I assumed the processing time of PHP may be too low, so I first enabled error reporting in PHP, as well as I set the max_execution_time and set_time_limit both to 0, as in unlimited.

Unfortunately, that did not have any impact here.
I even tried to debug the code of merge-system and see how the updates are communicated so that I may check for error logs server-sided, but there is no error whatsoever.

Now I am stuck in this migration-step which happens to just start all-over whenever I reload the page.
Is there really no other option anymore?
Could I manually run the SQL that's behind this command and have the merge-system advance to the next step this way?
The recommended version to use mybb is 7.1 to work fine and maybe 7.2 but not 7.3 at least for merge system.

Change your php version in your panel and give us a feedback.
(2019-06-18, 08:21 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]The recommended version to use mybb is 7.1 to work fine and maybe 7.2 but not 7.3 at least for merge system.

Change your php version in your panel and give us a feedback.

Thanks for your feedback.
I set the php version to 7.1 and double-checked the script.
Now I can say that the merge-script execution stops right after 2 minutes (check screenshot below).

[Image: 4QIrDjb.png]

Additionally I set the max_execution_time to 0 in both the php.ini, as well as within the merge-script itself to prevent this issue. Unfortunately, that did not help but the phpinfo() states its using the correct value here.

I am out of ideas right now, what else may I try?
Is there a way to run this migration step in "batches" that cause the page to reload as well? This would most likely prevent this issue.
I have no idea about the merge system because i have never used it i have contributed on sending some databases to the user who wrote the merge in the past, but i have not used it due nobody requires this service yet.

But maybe you can analize it and get the errors, only i have noticed about your error and knows that is only a posibility but now you have some other issues that i am unable to see or know what are about Smile

But if someone else knows about it maybe can give you a hand on this.