MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal Redirect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, can I make it possible so that whenever someone visits the site it goes to the portal?

I have used a portal redirect mod, but it only redirects the person once a day. I want them to be redirected every visisted to the portal.

Regards,
Clarky
Step 1: Download and edit your portal.php file.

Change this line

$forumdir = "./";

add the directory link to your forums root folder

If your forums were in /forums/ and this file was in your websites ROOT folder, it would be

$forumdir = "./forums";

Once edited, rename to index.php and upload.
you need to move the forums to a sub-folder before doing that, or move the portal.php up a level and do that.
avatars don't work when doing that Sad although I would prefer that method of getting the portal to work
Is their any way of modding the portal redirect mod?

The mod currently sets a cookie each day when you visit, and only views it once when you visit. I want it to be viewed every time they visit.
You could simply use the redirect function of your web host's control panel to point your domain name to the portal page.
Arcane_Penguin Wrote:Step 1: Download and edit your portal.php file.

Change this line

$forumdir = "./";

add the directory link to your forums root folder

If your forums were in /forums/ and this file was in your websites ROOT folder, it would be

$forumdir = "./forums";

Once edited, rename to index.php and upload.

Does anyone know how to get the avatars working with this because it would be ideal then Smile