MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, Big Grin 

So, I'm back with another problem. Toungue

HTML is disabled for all members groups and I'm running the latest mybb version, users have HTML in the post quite often. Not everyone has it, I've personally never encountered it in my posts, but a lot of users are having the issue. (See screenshots)

[Image: 3e33bafcfc.png]

[Image: 7c238c813f.png]
[Image: e816be37d2.png]

The issue doesn't appear to be theme related as this appears in multiple themes, it all worked fine before updating mybb to 1.8.21. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Regards,
Hugo.
Revert codebuttons template to default for all themes.
Having the same problem even after reverting codebuttons. Let me know if it still happens to u too as effone says. Maybe its something further
This might be cache related. Try:
1. Flushing Cache of your browser. (If you are in Chrome try other browser, like Opera, which uses same engine of Chrome : webkit. Chrome sometimes behaves force-holding the cache).
2. If you are using CloudFlare; try purging CF cache as well.

In most cases this should fix the issue.

tl;dr:
The only exception case of appearing HTML which I have found so far in my investigation is if you are copying some formatted text from Microsoft Word file and directly pasting in editor: the editor shows the style declarations under HTML comment tag. This is a new issue introduced by SCEditor. If you also try the same here (at the demo in the page) you can see this odd behavior:
https://www.sceditor.com/
(2019-06-21, 08:17 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This might be cache related. Try:
1. Flushing Cache of your browser. (If you are in Chrome try other browser, like Opera, which uses same engine of Chrome : webkit. Chrome sometimes behaves force-holding the cache).
2. If you are using CloudFlare; try purging CF cache as well.

In most cases this should fix the issue.

tl;dr:
The only exception case of appearing HTML which I have found so far in my investigation is if you are copying some formatted text from Microsoft Word file and directly pasting in editor: the editor shows the style declarations under HTML comment tag. This is a new issue introduced by SCEditor. If you also try the same here (at the demo in the page) you can see this odd behavior:
https://www.sceditor.com/
Even when I don't touch my signature, it still appears.
(2019-06-21, 01:49 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Revert codebuttons template to default for all themes.

Going to ACP >> Templates >>Your Theme's Templates >> Ungrouped Templates >> codebuttons and reverting the codebuttons template appears to have done the trick, I'll edit this post later to confirm no one has this issue anymore. Thanks @effone! 

(2019-06-21, 01:58 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Having the same problem even after reverting codebuttons. Let me know if it still happens to u too as effone says. Maybe its something further

It appears to have done the trick for me. As this didn't happen in every post I'll keep monitoring all posts to make sure it is completely fixed. 

This issue only appeared after updating from V1.8.20 to V1.8.21. Oh, and, and I'm sure it is not because of copy-pasting from Microsoft Word, because I didn't do that.
Just an additional not, the problematic posts prior to reverting the template doesn't get resolved automatically.
Those posts are compiled in different format (html) in place of desired (bbcode).

The problematic posts are required to be manually edited further after template reversion.
It is strongly recommended via release notes and PR comment to do the same right after upgrade to avoid such incidents.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3639#i...-480689866
(2019-06-21, 10:25 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Just an additional not, the problematic posts prior to reverting the template doesn't get resolved automatically.
Those posts are compiled in different format (html) in place of desired (bbcode).

The problematic posts are required to be manually edited further after template reversion.
It is strongly recommended via release notes and PR comment to do the same right after upgrade to avoid such incidents.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3639#i...-480689866

FYI, I'm not using SCEEditor, at least, unless it is standard shipped with MyBB. I haven't installed it.
reverting original causes problems

not found errors

Here my current codebuttons template

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/{$theme['editortheme']}" media="all">
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js?ver=1808"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_plugins/undo.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script>
var partialmode = {$mybb->settings['partialmode']},
opt_editor = {
	plugins: "bbcode,undo",
	style: "{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.{$theme['editortheme']}?ver=1808",
	rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']},
	locale: "mybblang",
	enablePasteFiltering: true,
	autoUpdate: true,
	emoticonsEnabled: {$emoticons_enabled},
	emoticons: {
		// Emoticons to be included in the dropdown
		dropdown: {
			{$dropdownsmilies}
		},
		// Emoticons to be included in the more section
		more: {
			{$moresmilies}
		},
		// Emoticons that are not shown in the dropdown but will still be converted. Can be used for things like aliases
		hidden: {
			{$hiddensmilies}
		}
	},
	emoticonsCompat: true,
	toolbar: "{$basic1}{$align}{$font}{$size}{$color}{$removeformat}{$basic2}image,{$email}{$link}|video{$emoticon}|{$list}{$code}quote|maximize,source",
};
{$editor_language}
$(function() {
	$("#{$bind}").sceditor(opt_editor);

MyBBEditor = $("#{$bind}").sceditor("instance");
	{$sourcemode}
});
</script>

(2019-06-21, 01:58 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Having the same problem even after reverting codebuttons. Let me know if it still happens to u too as effone says. Maybe its something further

reverting original screws my forum

it causes so many problems

can you check?

Here my current codebuttons template

and here my forum > https://forum.pokemonpets.com/

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/{$theme['editortheme']}" media="all">
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js?ver=1808"></script>
<script src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_plugins/undo.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script>
var partialmode = {$mybb->settings['partialmode']},
opt_editor = {
 plugins: "bbcode,undo",
 style: "{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.{$theme['editortheme']}?ver=1808",
 rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']},
 locale: "mybblang",
 enablePasteFiltering: true,
 autoUpdate: true,
 emoticonsEnabled: {$emoticons_enabled},
 emoticons: {
 // Emoticons to be included in the dropdown
 dropdown: {
 {$dropdownsmilies}
 },
 // Emoticons to be included in the more section
 more: {
 {$moresmilies}
 },
 // Emoticons that are not shown in the dropdown but will still be converted. Can be used for things like aliases
 hidden: {
 {$hiddensmilies}
 }
 },
 emoticonsCompat: true,
 toolbar: "{$basic1}{$align}{$font}{$size}{$color}{$removeformat}{$basic2}image,{$email}{$link}|video{$emoticon}|{$list}{$code}quote|maximize,source",
};
{$editor_language}
$(function() {
 $("#{$bind}").sceditor(opt_editor);

MyBBEditor = $("#{$bind}").sceditor("instance");
 {$sourcemode}
});
</script>
Your template is very outdated. Did you run the ugrade script properly?