MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smile Menu 1.0 (smilie autocomplete)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
Awesome Idea,
I'm using it now in my website. Is there any problems? Because you said it's still Alpha version, Should i wait until it be Beta?
Also, I'm not facing any problems with it in my website. It's working fine. Big Grin
Thanks a lot @Wildcard for this new awesome plugin. Smile
(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Awesome Idea,

Thank you Smile

(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using it now in my website. Is there any problems? Because you said it's still Alpha version, Should i wait until it be Beta?
Also, I'm not facing any problems with it in my website. It's working fine. Big Grin

I'm using it on my website too. The reason I am not recommending people to use it is because it may not work perfectly, NOT because I think it is vulnerable or anything. (It only interacts with the server to grab the list of smilies and doesn't send user input anywhere but the text box)

I have already found an issue where sometimes inserting the smilie deletes some of the text in the text box on SCEditor. I am going to look at trying to solve that this weekend.

(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot @Wildcard for this new awesome plugin. Smile

You are welcome. Thanks for the kind words. Smile
(2019-06-29, 11:58 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Awesome Idea,

Thank you Smile

(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using it now in my website. Is there any problems? Because you said it's still Alpha version, Should i wait until it be Beta?

I'm using it on my website too. The reason I am not recommending people to use it is because it may not work perfectly, NOT because I think it is vulnerable or anything. (It only interacts with the server to grab the list of smiles and doesn't send user input anywhere but the text box)

I have already found an issue where sometimes inserting the smile deletes some of the text in the text box on SC-Editor. I am going to look at trying to solve that this weekend.

(2019-06-28, 11:35 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot @Wildcard for this new awesome plugin. Smile

You are welcome. Thanks for the kind words. Smile
OK,
Anyway, I'll stay using it in my website,
It's working fine with me.
Any update you will release i'll update my website with it,
Thanks a lot. Big Grin
(2019-06-29, 11:32 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]OK,
Anyway, I'll stay using it in my website,
It's working fine with me.
Any update you will release i'll update my website with it,
Thanks a lot. Big Grin

You're welcome. Smile
Big Grin 
Smile Menu 1.0 Released

After months of testing with zero reports, the full release of Smile Menu is here. 😄
  • Code cleanup
  • Version bump
To upgrade: overwrite existing files. No need to even deactivate.
Thank you! Finally!

What about to add a support for 3rd party smiley libraries (as we discussed in past)? Smile
Wish I could get it working on my forum. It seems like it displays under the quick reply(the quick reply is custom)
https://i.gyazo.com/60f17525ba5fcce9ae04...42f915.png

Is there a way to edit the top css value?
What theme are you using?

This is the same JS as used in MentionMe, so we should be able to get it working.
(2020-03-18, 10:55 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! Finally!

What about to add a support for 3rd party smiley libraries (as we discussed in past)? Smile

I know we talked about it, but I don't know when I will get around to it.

I did spend a good deal of time trying to figure out how to allow users to search standard emoji (😂❤💕👍etc) but I honestly failed pretty hard on that one. Then I realized pretty much every OS has an emoji autocomplete, anyway, so it really isn't necessary.

If the third party smilie library is written so that I can just swap out the fetch operation, then I can probably get that done sometime in the future, but as I am sure that you have noticed, I haven't been able to spend much time on MyBB, lately.

My life and other hobbies are important to me, so sometimes this volunteer work has to take the back burner.
Pages: 1 2 3