MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smile Menu 1.0 (smilie autocomplete)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Follow WildcardSearch On Twitter for Faster Updates:

[Image: q1W0aFv.png]

autocomplete for smilies

[Image: b2mwMGz.png]

Resources:

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Smile-Menu

Make Smile Menu Better!

Feel free to add advice or feedback. Go to GitHub and collaborate. Help and advice is always welcome. Smile
reserved
Pretty cool release dude! Cant wait for the finished project to put on my live forum Smile
Wow... Amazing thanks..

Same i cant waint stabil version i put on my forum
(2019-06-23, 11:33 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]

Follow WildcardSearch On Twitter for Faster Updates:
[Image: q1W0aFv.png]

autocomplete for smilies

THIS PLUGIN IS CURRENTLY IN ALPHA STAGE— do not use on a live forum!

[Image: b2mwMGz.png]

Resources:

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Smile-Menu

Make Smile Menu Better!

Feel free to add advice or feedback. Go to GitHub and collaborate. Help and advice is always welcome. Smile

An intriguing idea, but how does this differ from the default MyBB Smilies menu option? 

View the screenshot...

[Image: e58803a81043be19cb193d143f17c3fd.png]
(2019-06-23, 11:38 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool release dude! Cant wait for the finished project to put on my live forum Smile

You're welcome. It is coming along nicely.

(2019-06-24, 12:13 PM)feilian Wrote: [ -> ]Wow... Amazing thanks..

Same i cant waint stabil version i put on my forum

Thanks for the kind words. Smile

(2019-06-24, 12:42 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]An intriguing idea, but how does this differ from the default MyBB Smilies menu option? 

Just like the autocomplete popup in MentionMe, this plugin does the same thing for smilies/emojis.

@Serpius, I installed it on Rant Central last night, you can just try it out there.
in the download it is not mentioned as alpha anymore ?
so can it be installed on a live board now ?
(2019-06-24, 07:00 PM)avixansa Wrote: [ -> ]in the download it is not mentioned as alpha anymore ?
so can it be installed on a live board now ?

Well, to be honest, 90% of the code is the same as MentionMe autocomplete uses, and that has been well-tested for years, but I installed it on my forum last night and already found an issue (in SCEditor, it removes part of the sentence in which then smilie is inserted).

This plugin is at ALPHA, still, but really I just want a chance to try it on my board for a week or so, work out any bugs that I find, and then I will move it to BETA and let the community run with it.

All that being said, nothing bad is going to happen if you install it, but it is possible that issues may arise. It doesn't change anything on your forum besides the template edits that it makes.

Your call.
I don't have the smiles box on the reply page - it takes up too much room

This plugin will be awesome; you can search the emoji you want and that means it won't limit you to a small selection (or clutter the selection box)

Good work wildcard - I will take part in testing and look forward to the final release Smile
(2019-06-24, 07:25 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the smiles box on the reply page - it takes up too much room

Me either — same reasoning...takes up too much space...thus the idea for this plugin Smile

(2019-06-24, 07:25 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin will be awesome; you can search the emoji you want and that means it won't limit you to a small selection (or clutter the selection box)

I will mention this in the OP once we get farther along, but one of the things that helps add value to using this plugin is going back and adding a few alternates in ACP, so that there are more possibilities to catch. For example:

[Image: a7X9BMZ.png]

Then when users search, they are more likely to find the "emotion" that they are looking for.

(2019-06-24, 07:25 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Good work wildcard - I will take part in testing and look forward to the final release Smile

I appreciate that so much. Smile

Finding people to test has always been the hardest part...
Pages: 1 2 3