MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to prevent spam from email functions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to prevent spam from email functions?
in my board of MyBB there is a lot of SPAM via Contact Page via Send Mail or PHP Mail Functions.

Currently the hosting company disables these functions, the functions Send Mail and PHP Mail were deactivated for security since they are the most used to send SPAM.

So... how to prevent SPAM from email functions via Board MyBB?

1. Disable Contact Page. the contact page its Disable.

2. Disable -email functions? but the users can not recived email from:

- New registration at Forums
- Account Activation at Forums
- Password Reset at Forums

in thise case my settings of Registration Method must be: instant activation

3. Stop Forum Spam : This section allows you to change the settings used for the integration with StopForumSpam.com but i don like integration with other web like API or StopForumSpam.com

Example of my question from SPAM:

System Email Log
[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2019-06-26-a-la-s-8-15-46-a-m.png]

Mail Settings in present time used the SMTP with the correct port but delete the information to Prevent More Spam to Users via Email
[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2019-06-26-a-la-s-8-12-37-a-m.png]

Any suggestions or tips to prevent a Spam via email functions are welcome.

Note: Read the Security Management ans Support thread for MyBB 1.6  its a good guide

Example Tips setting from that Thread:

- Set higher number in "Minimum Username Length" option.
- Set higher number in "Minimum Password Length" option:
- Set "Require a complex password?" to Yes:
- No Multiple Registrations on Single Email
- Use One Registration Per IP

Thanks for the Support and Feedbacks

At
You don't see a contact page on this forum do you? not even for registered users.

Guess your only option is to use google's captcha.

BTW - the registration process has a useful feature of setting a minimum completion time for the form submit. Would be nice if that was available on contact. Most spam / hacker bots only spend 1 or 2 seconds before hitting submit, so setting that time to say 3s, would cut down your spam emails.
(2019-06-26, 02:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't see a contact page on this forum do you? not even for registered users.

Guess your only option is to use google's captcha.

BTW - the registration process has a useful feature of setting a minimum completion time for the form submit. Would be nice if that was available on contact. Most spam / hacker bots only spend 1 or 2 seconds before hitting submit, so setting that time to say 3s, would cut down your spam emails.

Thank you Ashley for your Feedbacks.

So... i am reading the Doscs Admin Spam from MyBB and see the googles captcha options, CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting Lightbulb ... i am setting to NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA Big Grin

Thanks for your Feedbacks Ashley... I have been given a guide or Tip to setting the web.
Thank you so much guys for this question. I am damn irritated with spammy and trojan emails.

--
Regards
Editor at http://www.webhostingreviewsx.co.uk/