MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {bootbb} Need to solve this sidebar issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to give full length sidebars instead of some half length sidebars and want to put some space between forum panel and sidebar panel as it looking too clumsy now used advanced sidebox plugin if any other better plugin please suggest me

my site here : https://bit.ly/2LlK6PG

helps and suggestions welcomed pls
If you need to use a sidebar, BootBB is not suitable for you.

The main purpose of BootBB is to be a Responsive theme (which means that it works well on mobile devices). If you test your site on a mobile phone, you will see that the sidebar hides the forum ...
You can use Flexbox two create two column sidebar and use space-between attribute of flexbox to control the space between the columns.
Since bootstrap grids are basically derived from flexbox, this method will work for you Smile
thanks a lot for your replies will check out now

(2019-06-27, 02:56 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You can use Flexbox two create two column sidebar and use space-between attribute of flexbox to control the space between the columns.
Since bootstrap grids are basically derived from flexbox, this method will work for you Smile

can you please send flexbox link ?
(2019-06-27, 01:32 PM)johana Wrote: [ -> ]thanks a lot for your replies will check out now

(2019-06-27, 02:56 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You can use Flexbox two create two column sidebar and use space-between attribute of flexbox to control the space between the columns.

can you please send flexbox link ?

Sent! Smile
Also you can find lot of tutorials on Google Search
You should be using this for Bootstrap:

<div class="row">
	<div class="col-sm-8">Forums go here</div>
	<div class="col-sm-4">Sidebar is here</div>
</div>

That goes in your index template above {$forums}, then build whatever you want into that layout.