MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wasn't sure where to post this | MySQL error with mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, as stated in the title. Wasn't too sure where to post it, so I thought it'd be best to just post it here.
My users and I are having issues creating account using the registration or even force creating users. The error I get is :

Quote:"MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1062 - Duplicate entry '' for key 'loginname'
Query:

INSERT INTO blazefmybb_users  (username,password,salt,loginkey,email,postnum,threadnum,avatar,avatartype,usergroup,additionalgroups,displaygroup,usertitle,regdate,lastactive,lastvisit,website,icq,yahoo,skype,google,birthday,signature,allownotices,hideemail,subscriptionmethod,receivepms,receivefrombuddy,pmnotice,pmnotify,showimages,showvideos,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,tpp,ppp,invisible,style,timezone,dstcorrection,threadmode,daysprune,dateformat,timeformat,regip,language,showcodebuttons,sourceeditor,buddyrequestspm,buddyrequestsauto,away,awaydate,returndate,awayreason,notepad,referrer,referrals,buddylist,ignorelist,pmfolders,warningpoints,moderateposts,moderationtime,suspendposting,suspensiontime,coppauser,classicpostbit,usernotes,dst) VALUES ('Information','447cedcc99999aa6ac055eee10665350','JrMmzKW3','aORNkYeg1jnQ2IDnWhEhrTu03BgvgbDcmTr4KixKXntNdaetUy','[email protected]',0,0,'','',4,'',4,'',1561879898,1561879898,1561879898,'',0,'','','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'',0,'linear',0,'','',X'','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'',0)

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support. "

The image that I see is: [Image: QlCJIDS.png]

Would this be a MYBB Program issue or our paid hosts? 
Lmk thanks, I kinda wanna get this resolved asap.
I don't know if this is helpful, but the error is saying that there is already a user with the same Login Name. Is this an issue with every new user? Can you try with some outlandish Login name and see if the error persists?
Yea, i've tried doing a different username, email and password and this issue still persists so.. I'm not too sure.
most probably it is related to a plugin. which plugins you have in active status ?
(2019-07-01, 09:10 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]most probably it is related to a plugin. which plugins you have in active status ?
I purchased a theme from Iandrew's website which came with a plugin called: ""siAndrew Theme Effects (1.0)" 
Coming to think of it, we did attempt to install the mybb steam authentication, we did insert a steam dev api and the web didn't work. 
You reckon if we remove this plugin this issue will be resolved?

Also, if i have to reset all the files. Is there a way to save all user data so they don't have to go to the process of re-registering?
It's probably the steam plugin, but sounds like it was badly (un)installed: the field loginname exists in database but is not sent/filled by your registration form.
After removing the plugin (not deactivate, uninstall), check your blazefmybb_users to ensure the field is dropped.
Alright thanks mate, it was indeed the steam auth plugin (self note, not gonna use that for a while).