MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating Thankyou/Like Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't done any plugin updates. So, I am confused.

Just correct me if I am wrong. 

So, I just close the board, then disable the thankyou/like plugin and just replace the files? Will doing just that do? Or, I have to disable something else too.

And also disabling the plugin, will it retain all the like counts?
Uninstalling a plugin will destroy all data. So don't do that. Be sure to just deactivate the plugin. Activate again when ready, your data will still be there. But do a site backup anyway. Not sure if you're upgrading MyBB or doing something else.
(2019-07-01, 03:52 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstalling a plugin will destroy all data. So don't do that. Be sure to just deactivate the plugin. Activate again when ready, your data will still be there. But do a site backup anyway. Not sure if you're upgrading MyBB or doing something else.

Why would I uninstall it? As I said I will disable it. So, is there anything else that I have to disable?

And I am not upgrading mybb. I am running the latest version.
Follow the upgrade guidance in the plugin package or plugin support thread. Normally when upgrading a plugin it is sufficient to deactivate it -> overwrite the plugin files -> reactivate it.