MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Posts mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ik kom er niet meer uit.

Ik heb de latest post mod van www.invisionize.com gedownload en ik snap een regel in de uitleg niet ??

Now, open up the page where you want to put the X latest posts and put the following code:

<?php include("http://domain.tld/forum/latest_posts.php");?>

Make sure that you change it so that it fits YOUR site and the place where latest_posts.php can be found.

Op welke pagina en waar kan ik deze vinden moet ik nu deze code plakken ?
( wel met mijn eigen link erin natuurlijk )

Wie kan me helpen ?

Alvast bedankt !

Hieronder de volledige uitleg :

X Latest Posts v2.0

INSTALLATION:
1. Open the latest_posts.php file for editing.

2. Make the appropriate changes to the script (following the instructions) so that it fits the needs of your site.

3. Upload latest_posts.php to your FORUMS root directory. If you're unsure, it should be in the same place where your conf_global.php file.

4. Now, open up the page where you want to put the X latest posts and put the following code:

<?php include("http://domain.tld/forum/latest_posts.php");?>

Make sure that you change it so that it fits YOUR site and the place where latest_posts.php can be found.

5. That's it!

TIME INTERVAL SETTINGS
I have left it up to the user to set their own interval for displaying how long ago a post was created or replied to. For that matter, I've created several scenarios for you to choose from that you can see explained in the comments of the script. I have explained the logic of how it determines what date to display depending on how long has passed. Ask questions in the forum if you're not sure what to do.

Date and Time Settings:
The date and time settings can be a little tricky. Obviously, not everyone that downloads this mod wants to show the time in the exact format or timezone as me. That's why I've left it so that you can decide how you want to display the date and time.

For more information on how to change those settings, please visit: http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

If you have questions or comments, please make them known in the support topic. Thanks.

Background:
After downloading and using the original mod for my own website, it was discovered that it provided absolutely no security. It displayed posts from every forum, including hidden or private ones. The original submitter posted that he was giving up on supporting this mod and would not introduce any new version. I have used some source code from the original mod, as well as some source from the posters who contributed to the original topic.

Description:
This mod will to display the latest X posts from your forums and show them on your website. I did not write the original version of this mod, however, I have updated to provide additional security that the other mod did not supply. This version supports the ability to exclude forums from the query... Excluded forums would be hidden or private forums that you do not wish to have displayed on your website. This mod will also support the ability to limit the topic text to a specified number of characters.

Usage:
This mod can be updated however you wish. All I ask for is some credit.

Je bent hier op het hulpforum van MyBB, niet op dat van IPB.