MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email address invalid on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I host more than a few sites that all have an intermittent issue where a registrant will see an email invalid red  outline/error on registration for the first time. This generally happens to new people whose emails are not already in the database. 

I've replaced general.js
I've upgraded the sites. 
It happens on the default theme as well. 
I've run the file verification tool with no edits being made. 

Any suggestions on next steps? It's hard to pin down because it doesn't happen consistently.
Hi,

and an URL to check it? It's hard to help without it.
I'm an admin of Novus RPG, and we're one of the sites hosted by Tamme.

https://novus-rpg.net

• Issues are sporadic, so they don't happen with every registration or login.
  • Errors seen: "Authorization code mismatch" when resetting passwords or logging in, or "Invalid username/email" when registering. Staff have confirmed the usernames are valid and not taken or banned, and the email addresses are valid and not banned.
  • Happens across varying browsers, although we see it mostly with Firefox and Chrome. Our users haven't reported issues with mobile browsers, so we cannot confirm if the issue is occurring there.
  • Happen across varying themes (all the ones we use are guest visible; theme selection is in the footer, bottom left). Sometimes it works on the MyBB default theme, but there have been plenty of times where it wouldn't work even with that one.
  • Sometimes it's resolved by clearing cache/cookies, however we've had a lot of times where even that doesn't fix it.
  • It should be noted that all of our themes (with the obvious exception of the myBB default) have been coded by Tamme.
Thanks Ashley1 - I just double checked, and Tamme had already done this on all 5 of our themes (MyBB default + 4 custom), following the instructions in the post you linked. We're unfortunately still experiencing the same error, even with that line included in all 4 templates on all of our themes.
Hello! We are also running under Tamme and we have been experiencing this issue since the fall.

My members even if they are brand new, or old members within the last 3 weeks to a month, have been having issues registering or even logging into the site. New registrations are worse for new members and I have instructed them to Clear their cache for up to a week prior, as well as Inspect Element our website, Hard refresh (wait five minutes),  Do this again but do Hard Refresh AND Clear cache.

about 60% of the time it works, the other time he does not and I have to preregister their accounts for them. Or even give them a new password. 

For now, we only have 1 main theme besides the MYBB default that comes with all MyBB sites. When they use MyBB (depending on the browser the person is using) They can register OR login. But on our default, it does not work for them at all. I have attached all the error messages my members obtained while trying to use various ways to login or register with my site.

https://www.legendary-rpg.com/ Is my website.
(2019-07-08, 12:41 AM)Legends Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! We are also running under Tamme and we have been experiencing this issue since the fall.

My members even if they are brand new, or old members within the last 3 weeks to a month, have been having issues registering or even logging into the site. New registrations are worse for new members and I have instructed them to Clear their cache for up to a week prior, as well as Inspect Element our website, Hard refresh (wait five minutes),  Do this again but do Hard Refresh AND Clear cache.

about 60% of the time it works, the other time he does not and I have to preregister their accounts for them. Or even give them a new password. 

For now, we only have 1 main theme besides the MYBB default that comes with all MyBB sites. When they use MyBB (depending on the browser the person is using) They can register OR login. But on our default, it does not work for them at all. I have attached all the error messages my members obtained while trying to use various ways to login or register with my site.

https://www.legendary-rpg.com/ Is my website.

If you're saying that there's no problem when they use the MyBB theme, then that would suggest the problem lies with your theme.

Other than that, my guess would be some issue with server configuration or maybe even something in the htaccess.

Your forum looks to be on 1.8.20, but at least one of your themes is not updated. Could be that some members are on this theme that is not updated.
It's definitely not the login key issues. I've made sure that was up-to-date on the theme I coded. Also, the issue is intermittent and not global like a login-key issue would be.
If it's a server config issue or an htaccess issue, I would need to know. That would explain why the same issues happen on the mybb theme as well.

Suggestions on the htaccess and server config?
Sites are running PHP 7.1
MySQL 5.7 installed.

This is a CentOS 7 server with cpanel (all up to day). I use cloudlinux live update to push OS updates.
Are you managing your own server setup? It may be worthwhile to speak to your host about this. I checked your theme login templates, and they have the key as you say.
Pages: 1 2