MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved from phpBB to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I moved off phpbb last month. I don't know why I didn't sooner. I was handed down an old unkept forum with many errors in phpbb a couple of yrs ago. MyBB is more user friendly and love the ease of AdminCP in myBB.
Anyways, everything seemed to merge great. Everything got a checkmark. While testing everything, it seemed like avatars did not transfer over correct. Users avatars are missing that had them, ones that didnt have them have the default image. This is no biggie it's easy for users to update that. It would be nice to fix it but not high priority.
The  high priority issue, is that old attachments do not open. In Edge, a blank page comes up, in Chrome is says pdf can't open, or a square if its a jpg.  I ran the file checker, installed the PHP Cleaner, no change. New attachments are fine. I checked the db and the attachments are linked with same aid in the forum. Not sure what else to try.

the forum is njjeep.org/forum

Sample broken attachment link: https://njjeep.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=17505 this thread is a public/guest viewable. 

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Tamara
you need to be logged in to download the attachment.
Logged in or not, same problem.
Heres an account to test with:
User: Tapatalk
PW: Test123
So none of your attachments open, even the images ?

Have a look at this thread to get an idea of where attachments are supposed to be on the server:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-37359.html
(2019-07-05, 05:10 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]So none of your attachments open, even the images ?

Have a look at this thread to get an idea of where attachments are supposed to be on the server:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-37359.html

Any attachment before the merge do not open. Anything new attached after the merge work fine.

Attachments are on the server and listed on db. See screenshots.

In Edge I get this message when I open jpg's
<html><head><title>Error 403 - Forbidden</title><head><body><h1>Error 403 - Forbidden</h1><p>You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.</p></body></html>

In chrome its just a square. 
PDF's are blank in Edge
If you read the first few posts of the thread I linked then you will see that your attachments are not where they are supposed to be.
(2019-07-05, 06:00 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the first few posts of the thread I linked then you will see that your attachments are not where they are supposed to be.

Can I create the folder within uploads and find the actual attachments from my old board?
I am not sure if there is an alternative to what i am going to suggest now, but it seems that you have to create the folder, name it after the year and month that the attachment was made, and then move the actual attachment into it. 

You can get the date uploaded from the ACP -> forums & posts -> attachments interface.
(2019-07-05, 10:48 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if there is an alternative to what i am going to suggest now, but it seems that you have to create the folder, name it after the year and month that the attachment was made, and then move the actual attachment into it. 

You can get the date uploaded from the ACP -> forums & posts -> attachments interface.

All show as Unknown for the date  Undecided
Really, in ACP?

How many attachments do you have?

The only alternative is start manually adding them back to the posts, if the upgrade script failed to do this.
Pages: 1 2