MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spectral Theme - Dark/Light Button Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title states... the Dark/Light button does show up in the drop-down list but clicking on the switch button or the 'moon'/'sun' icons does not do anything.

Yes, I already installed and activated the DVZ Theme Options plugin... in fact, I deactivated and activated it twice to no avail.

I am 99.9% certain that I have uploaded all of the necessary files from the zipped file.

What can I do to fix this?
Are any errors shown in the browser Console? Was the theme renamed from the original Spectral?
(2019-07-06, 07:14 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Are any errors shown in the browser Console? Was the theme renamed from the original Spectral?

I don't see any errors, but I used Chrome Inspect function to show you what is going on.

I do not have a clue what is going on.

[Image: 8fc0727414e9ce8100257bccb1766fe2.png]
If the theme name was changed, this will need to be reflected in jscripts/spectral_theme.js around line 332 (new ThemeOptions('spectral');), and in the filename of inc/plugins/dvz_theme_options/themes/spectral.json (lowercase in both instances).
(2019-07-08, 12:46 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]If the theme name was changed, this will need to be reflected in jscripts/spectral_theme.js around line 332 (new ThemeOptions('spectral');), and in the filename of inc/plugins/dvz_theme_options/themes/spectral.json (lowercase in both instances).

Ok... I changed the spectral_theme.js 

But... what am I supposed to change in the spectral.json file? See the screenshot.

[Image: ced0fafddb3b29d9eb7357ec34c75ef0.png]

I noticed that you had logged onto my website, but the Spectral theme is not available unless you are an Admin.

Let me know if you want me to change your user level to Super Mod and I will make the theme available for Super Mod.

UPDATE: I bumped your level to Super Mod. Take a look. It is Luxor Forums v3.
(2019-07-08, 02:03 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]But... what am I supposed to change in the spectral.json file? See the screenshot.

For a theme named Luxor Forums v3, renaming spectral.json to luxor forums v3.json should do the trick (unless there's some unexpected issue related to spaces). The content of the file doesn't need to be modified.
(2019-07-08, 02:59 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 02:03 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]But... what am I supposed to change in the spectral.json file? See the screenshot.

For a theme named Luxor Forums v3, renaming spectral.json to luxor forums v3.json should do the trick (unless there's some unexpected issue related to spaces). The content of the file doesn't need to be modified.

Ok, changed the filename and still unable to change the Dark/Light mode.

FYI, I have already upgraded your level to Super Mod so that you can view the Spectral theme.
Does re-activating the DVZ Theme Options plugin help?

If not, can you paste the content of the dvz_theme_options cache in Tools & Maintenance → Cache Manager?
(2019-07-08, 03:55 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does re-activating the DVZ Theme Options plugin help?

If not, can you paste the content of the dvz_theme_options cache in Tools & Maintenance → Cache Manager?

FINALLY!

I did re-activating the DVZ Themes options once again... now it works!

That brings me to this question...

Why was it necessary for me to do those 2 changes?

Shouldn't the installation of the theme make the changes on its own? 

Most admins (including myself) wouldn't have a clue how to fix this without your assistance on the matter.

Could the DVZ Theme Options plugin be incorporated into the Spectral theme and any other theme that you create so that everything is done at once and the Admins don't have to worry about doing additional steps to make everything work properly?

Just my 2 cents...
Yes, these might be simplified in the future, possibly by inserting a theme name variable.