MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot add attachments to new posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having this issue with version 1.8.20, so I upgraded to version 1.8.21, but still having the same issue. I cannot add attachments to new posts. My example is trying to add a 520KB JPG photo, my size limit is set to 2MB. I go through the motions of clicking the "browse" button in the Attachments block, select the photo I want, then click "Add Attachments." The browser goes back to the top of the page. I check, but nothing is attached. No error messages, nothing at all. It's like I never did anything at all. I have tried this with the administrator account, same result. I also tried using the default theme, same result. With no error message to clue me in, I do not know what to even try next.

Suggestions on how to further test?
As both a bump and an additional comment, this has worked previously. The site is only used by a handful of folks at the moment, with few uploads, so I don't know exactly when it stopped working. Any suggestions on what to look for? The lack of any kind of error and just returning to the screen has me at a standstill. I don't want to break what is still working by blindly poking around!
My guess is that you skipped installation steps when performing upgrades. Changes were made to attachments a few versions back. So best to look over the blog posts detailing the changes to templates.
Could be this one = linky. Remember I had issues before with adding/removing/updating attachments with 1.8.20. That code fixed it for me.