MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to upgrade and get an error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been a long time since I have worked on my website and was trying to upgrade from 1.6. Not sure what I did wrong but this is the error message I get. I had backups of everything so I tried that. Still had problems so I tried upgrading again and this is what I get. Thought about starting new but my old database has lots of posted threads and members and not sure how to merge those with a new database. HELP!

Thanks
Cary Joe York

Repairing Database Sequences
Performing necessary upgrade queries...

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1060 - Duplicate column name 'custom_profile_fields'Query:ALTER TABLE mybb_adminviews ADD custom_profile_fields text NOT NULL AFTER conditions

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
It fails on the custon_profile_fields field. At some point you must have added this field to your database and now the upgrade script is reporting a duplicate.

Alternatively the script created the field, was interrupted, and now is failing.

I would check the contents in MySQL. If you have no values in there, then drop that field, and run the script again.
Thank You. That got me a few steps closer but now I have another problem. The screen freezes and no change. I walked away and let it hopefully do its thing and 1 hour later nothing. Attached is a picture of the screenshot. The automatically redirecting button does nothing.

Not sure if the screenshot attached. Here it is again.
How big is the database you're upgrading? and are you doing this on shared hosting, or what's your setup?
The size is 700,000 kb. It is a shared hosting at GoDaddy
Honestly have no further ideas. Don't know if a 700MB database is overly big to cause a problem. You can try speaking to your host support if they have any ideas about the SQL server you're on.
No problem. Thank You. I will try them and repost when the problem is fixed.