MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mobile friendly (android and apple) layout comparable to like Facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question, I have a forum about chameleons since 2007 and then Facebook did already exist but was not so big. Now my forum is not used much but I still want to keep it but before I spent money modifying or updating it the following question. When check out chameleons on Facebook there are several groups of it and to lay out is quite nice when you compare it with mybb. Is it possible to modify mybb to a mobile friendly (android and apple) layout comparable to like Facebook and is this expensive
Hi Steven ,
I read you post to upgrade.
Sure the UI can be managed responsive on android and iphone

Please let me know, If interested

Regards
Deep
Wow, 2007 Smile
I hope it is not MyBB 1.2 ?
Yes it is possible to modify like Facebook but why not go with an original style Smile
(2019-07-08, 11:34 AM)Steven Oosterhoff Wrote: [ -> ]Question, I have a forum about chameleons since 2007 and then Facebook did already exist but was not so big. Now my forum is not used much but I still want to keep it but before I spent money modifying or updating it the following question. When check out chameleons on Facebook there are several groups of it and to lay out is quite nice when you compare it with mybb. Is it possible to modify mybb to a mobile friendly (android and apple) layout comparable to like Facebook and is this expensive

What is the current version of MyBB forum software that you are using now?

If it is older than 1.8.21, then you need to upgrade to the new version.
You should hang in and wait for the 1.9 release (no confirmed date). Alternative to that, you should look to install a responsive theme, if you can find a decent one.
This is what my forum show when I check for the mybb version:

The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes.

Anyway, the last update was around beginning of 2018 Does anybody have an example for an mobile phone friendly version of mybb, with a layout similar for Facebook GROUP. Now when I check on mobile the mybb forum text is quite small.
(2019-07-08, 05:22 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ategory=30
This doesn’t say much to me. I’m an idiot with computers. I  think these are layouts how my mybb forum can look if I download these themes but where are the example of the themes. A mybb website with an example
I think if you like Facebook, you should use Facebook.
(2019-07-08, 05:31 PM)Steven Oosterhoff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-08, 05:22 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...ategory=30
This doesn’t say much to me. I’m an idiot with computers. I  think these are layouts how my mybb forum can look if I download these themes but where are the example of the themes. A mybb website with an example

You will need to find a theme author that is willing to create a theme that does this for you.

You may have to pay for this customized theme.