MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8/1.9 Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll try to give my some feedback on my experience using the Admin CP, and things that would make it easier to use.
- Ajax template saving. Shade has a plugin for this, having it core would nice though.

- Ability to delete all templates. Presently you are unable to delete stock theme templates. However, if you remove/disable a stock feature such as the calendar or portal, the templates are still left in your theme. This makes things messy, and I would rather only see templates in use. Also some plugins add a template to your theme and fail to remove the template when uninstalled, then they are permanently stuck in your theme.

- Mass delete checkbox - Let's say you need to delete 10 forums, you have to Click options, Click delete, Confirm Deletion, Wait for page reload. If you're deleting 10+ forums, this is a real pain. And this delete method carries over to other parts such as themes, templates, etc.
(2019-07-08, 02:32 PM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to give my some feedback on my experience using the Admin CP, and things that would make it easier to use.
- Ajax template saving. Shade has a plugin for this, having it core would nice though.

- Ability to delete all templates. Presently you are unable to delete stock theme templates. However, if you remove/disable a stock feature such as the calendar or portal, the templates are still left in your theme. This makes things messy, and I would rather only see templates in use. Also some plugins add a template to your theme and fail to remove the template when uninstalled, then they are permanently stuck in your theme.

- Mass delete checkbox - Let's say you need to delete 10 forums, you have to Click options, Click delete, Confirm Deletion, Wait for page reload. If you're deleting 10+ forums, this is a real pain. And this delete method carries over to other parts such as themes, templates, etc.

It may not be possible to delete the default template set, but you can delete the default theme, so that users cannot get onto it. Not sure if there is any benefit to deleting the template set also.

Quote:Also some plugins add a template to your theme and fail to remove the template when uninstalled, then they are permanently stuck in your theme.

This is a plugin problem, when the plugin does not delete its templates in the uninstall function.
1. I meant specific default templates. So like in the example I gave, if a user removes portal.php and all other instances of the portal, he may also want to remove the Portal group of templates from his theme.

2. Yes it's a plugin problem, you should still be able to remove the templates without going into the database though. Users are stuck with random templates in their ungrouped and elsewhere that were left behind by faulty plugins.
Mass deleting themes checkbox would be nice instead of having to delete one at a time.
The "Are you sure you want to force this theme on all users? This may reset the theme's access level." warning would be needed so people can't delete themes by accident.