MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting thread shows formatting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings, I have a weird thing that just started happening to me, when folks post a thread, it seems to display all of the formatting as well.
Please look at attached image to see what I am talking about.

It seem to just start happening after I upgraded to 1.8.21 release, not sure if it's related or not, but my forum is plain as can be.  no mods.

Thanx.

[attachment=41975]
Me too.  This is what I get now:

<p>I have upgraded the forum (with much trouble) to the latest version of MyBB.</p><p><br></p><p>The Logo seems to have disappeared for some reason.</p><p><br></p><p>Also posts seem to include page descriptor values.&nbsp; (As you can see from this post!) <br></p><p><br></p><p>I will try to fix these some time soon.&nbsp; <br></p><p><br></p><p>As a clue, when I click on 'preview post' everything is ok.&nbsp; When it is actually posted it goes wrong a bit.<br></p><p><br></p>

Any ideas anybody?
same here.
Revert your codebuttons template
(2019-07-10, 09:40 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Revert your codebuttons template

not working mate.
(2019-07-10, 10:01 PM)vonmhel1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-10, 09:40 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Revert your codebuttons template

not working mate.

It wont undo what has already been done, but will prevent from future errors
How do I do that?  I didn't even know I had such a template or any others come to think of it.  My forum is quite simple..

But I'll have a look in the ACP

I mucked about and finally found the thing to revert whatever that does but it seems to have worked.
(2019-07-11, 08:31 AM)JimAttrill Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do that?  I didn't even know I had such a template or any others come to think of it.  My forum is quite simple..

I mucked about and finally found the thing to revert whatever that does but it seems to have worked.

In most cases it will be located in Ungrouped Templates >> codebuttons
(2019-07-11, 09:23 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-11, 08:31 AM)JimAttrill Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do that?  I didn't even know I had such a template or any others come to think of it.  My forum is quite simple..

In most cases it will be located in Ungrouped Templates >> codebuttons

A more accurate way to find the template is this way...

AdminCP → Templates & Style → Click on 'Templates' (at far left menu option) →
Click on the Template that you are fixing (it will look like this YourTheme Template) →
In the list, scroll down to the bottom and locate Ungrouped →
Locate the template 'codebutton' → Now, go to the far right column under 'Controls' and click on 'Options'. →
Click on the 'Revert' button (if the template does not need to be changed, the 'Revert' will not show up.)

This is the proper way to do this.
hello, i got the same trouble and the revert code fix nothing.

example of thread showing the trouble : https://tousrolistes.fr/forums/showthrea...68#pid1068
Pages: 1 2