MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum is too slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all mybb experts
recently my website auto-software.org working so slow .
can someone check it and tell me what i should do 
Best regards
(2019-07-09, 07:41 PM)feeling_bored Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all mybb experts
Best regards

Why do you think your website is running slow?

Do you have any statistics to back up your statements?
(2019-07-09, 08:09 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-09, 07:41 PM)feeling_bored Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all mybb experts
Best regards

Why do you think your website is running slow?

Do you have any statistics to back up your statements?

when i use it , it work very slow 
you can try it
Right now I write this post, your forum has 100 active member online and 1200 users online in total. Congrats for your forums achieving success!

Of course your server (hardware) needs appropriate memory capabilities and bandwidth in network!
Memory is of elementary importance for a webserver with high utilization. Then the rest like network or CPU.

Do you have access to statistics of server/hardware to find bottlenecks? You need these stats!
Do yo have administrative permissions to configure your webservice to apply memory configuration?

[ExiTuS]
(2019-07-09, 08:56 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Right now I write this post, your forum has 100 active member online and 1200 users online in total. Congrats for your forums achieving success!

Of course your server (hardware) needs appropriate memory capabilities and bandwidth in network!
Memory is of elementary importance for a webserver with high utilization. Then the rest like network or CPU.

Do you have access to statistics of server/hardware to find bottlenecks? You need these stats!
Do yo have administrative permissions to configure your webservice to apply memory configuration?

[ExiTuS]

Hello sir
do you mean access to the host server?
Yes, for an investigation you need to monitor hardware performance: memory utilisation (RAM), CPU, network...
It depends on where the site is hosted... so what the provider allows you access.
Is there any administrative panel to logon, or do you even have terminal access to the system (shell).

If not, you may ask your webhoster for statistics or snapshots of a current system utilisation on high load.
First find out bottlenecks. My guess is memory.

[ExiTuS]
Might be some javascript in your headerinclude that is making the site load slower.. can also be thousands of other things, but this happened to me as well recently, may not apply to your case! Take a quick look over your headerinclude and see if there is any weird javascript placed upfront or outdated
You can use https://tools.pingdom.com to check your website speed.
And the network analyser in chrome or firefox can give you a good idea of the slower elements (think to clear cache before)
Hi,

38 of the 41 pages of online users are bots trying to register and/or trying to harvest email data for spam:
[attachment=41978]
Try to htaccess ban those bots.

But the worst problem for your server it's your DNS.

The Time for the first byte is 6!!! seconds.

As you use Cloudflare for the rest of your forum, use the DNSs of Cloudflare too, you'll see the difference  Wink
Time to first byte isn't really affected by DNS, it's about how fast the server responds after it receives the request. If your DNS requests were slow, it'd be an issue on every site for you.

[attachment=41979]

The DNS lookup takes 23 microseconds which is inconceivable, whereas the TTFB was 17 seconds, which is insane.

What is your current hosting package? Basically, you need better hosting, this current server is severely underpowered.
Pages: 1 2