MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help to activate my SSL.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I bought  a BUSINESS SHARED HOSTING on Hostinger. I'm looking for who would like to help me in activating my SSL , It's very complex and I'm newbie regarding this kind of matter. I tried my best to research and follow some instructions on the net but it fails every time. I'll reward $20 who would help me once it's done and working. I''ll give the access of my hostinger. Just hit me up with a message if you're interested to help. Thank you.

Regards,
Contact Hostinger and tell them to add LetsEncrypt support to their control panel. It's 2019 and unless you're running a business processing payments or need something like a wildcard SSL then a free LetsEncrypt certificate is what you should be using and it shouldn't take more than a few clicks to generate and enable it.

Also, you posted this in the wrong section. Wink
I agree. I have a different hosting company and they have LetsEncrypt - it is pretty simple. Help is NOT required from the host.
(2019-07-18, 10:38 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Contact Hostinger and tell them to add LetsEncrypt support to their control panel.

They may prefer to use CPanel SSL. But it'll be in the same spot.
(2019-07-19, 05:14 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-18, 10:38 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Contact Hostinger and tell them to add LetsEncrypt support to their control panel.

They may prefer to use CPanel SSL. But it'll be in the same spot.

Hostinger says they are using a custom control panel which is why I recommended LetsEncrypt.
Oh god. Yeah, ok. Fair call.
Just a suggestion im throwing out there..... cloudflare gives you a ssl free and it's extremely easy to apply with mybb
(2019-07-20, 03:00 AM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggestion im throwing out there..... cloudflare gives you a ssl free and it's extremely easy to apply with mybb

Cloudflare SSL is only to Cloudflare, not right to the origin.