MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Screen locks during upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to upgrade from 1.16.11. I go through all the steps then when it is trying to update the database the upgrade/screen freezes. Attached is a pdf of the screen. I can walk away for an hour and come back to no change. Still the same screen. I have uploaded a backup of the old upload file I have and the database and all works fine again with the old version. I have done this three times still does the same thing.
How many posts and threads were there on the forum?

Usually If you follow these steps, it should work fine :-
1. Open your MybB 1.6 forum admin cp and disable all plugins.
2. Take backup (Theme, database, files, plugins, custom changes)
3. Close forum and and upload all fresh files of MyBB 1.8
4. Start the upgrade
There are over 3,200 threads and 14,200 post. I will try disabling the plugins and backup (Theme, database, files, plugins, custom changes) tomorrow and let you know.

Thank You
Did the backups and disabled plugins. I even deleted the plugins that would allow me to. Still have the same problem.
I opened the same threads 2 days ago... Still not solved. I think the problem should be mybb not the Host Confused

This is a good solution to your problem.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-223985-lastpost.html
(2019-07-21, 03:56 AM)caryjoeyork Wrote: [ -> ]There are over 3,200 threads and 14,200 post. I will try disabling the plugins and backup (Theme, database, files, plugins, custom changes) tomorrow and let you know.

Thank You
That's a decent number but not too many so I believe this should work without issues(Unfortunate for you mate, but don't worry Smile)

(2019-07-24, 01:34 AM)caryjoeyork Wrote: [ -> ]Did the backups and disabled plugins. I even deleted the plugins that would allow me to. Still have the same problem.
Okay, did you uninstall the plugins ? Because once you uninstall, the SQL database will have lesser non-default tables.
I am partly sure that their are some extra tables that might be causing this upgrade to hang on posts page.
Can you list the plugins you disable/uninstall ?
This is a good solution to your problem.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-223985-lastpost.html