MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is all I can say.

At first I was skeptical about using MyBB instead of more known forum softwares such as SMF, phpBB, or vBulletin (since we had a vB Leased License) but the other Admin convinced me to try MyBB. So, I agreed and we installed it today, and I must say, after only one day of use, it is already making its way up to the top of my list in forum softwares!

So far I have only really used it as another member would use it, but from a member's perspective, it is VERY easy to use.

From an Administrator's perspective though, it is easy to use also. The forum management works GREAT incorporating the best features from multiple different forum softwares into one. Same goes for thread moderation, the best features from other forum softwares are packed into MyBB.

The themes are great and abundant, I was able to find a professional theme for my site within 5 minutes of searching, VERY pleasing to me.

All and all, I just want to say, congratulations on making such a great forum software! I don't say this about most forum softwares this early (if at all Big Grin)
Yeah... MyBB pwns.

'Nuff said.
If more people would give it a chance I think more people would agree with you, but too many people won't even try it, so sadly, they are missing out.
Thanks for the kind comments!
iBill Wrote:From an Administrator's perspective though, it is easy to use also. The forum management works GREAT incorporating the best features from multiple different forum softwares into one. Same goes for thread moderation, the best features from other forum softwares are packed into MyBB.
The next version of MyBB (1.4) has a completely new Admin Control Panel which is much much more powerful, so stick with MyBB and you will be rewarded Toungue
I can't wait for it, Dr. Poodle. Will the Admin CP have tabs, kinda like phpBB 3? Or are you not allowed to reveal any of 1.4's secrets?
LegosJedi Wrote:I can't wait for it, Dr. Poodle. Will the Admin CP have tabs, kinda like phpBB 3? Or are you not allowed to reveal any of 1.4's secrets?
Sorry, my lips are sealed! You are all going to have to wait Smile
LegosJedi Wrote:I can't wait for it, Dr. Poodle. Will the Admin CP have tabs, kinda like phpBB 3? Or are you not allowed to reveal any of 1.4's secrets?
Personally, I hate the tabs. It means that to do anything, you have to click two links.
vBulletin's "expand" feature is nice though.
Well as long as it remains as easy to use with the same great features, I'm sticking with MyBB for all of my forums!

And just a suggestions, if you are making a major change like redoing the ACP, wouldn't that be considered a 2.0?
DrPoodle Wrote:

Actually, it was already posted elsewhere (by chris) that the ACP will feature tabs Smile

iBill Wrote:Well as long as it remains as easy to use with the same great features, I'm sticking with MyBB for all of my forums!

And just a suggestions, if you are making a major change like redoing the ACP, wouldn't that be considered a 2.0?

We originally were going to go for a 2.0, but things shifted around and ideas got thrown about and we ended back up on 1.4
Tikitiki Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:

Actually, it was already posted elsewhere (by chris) that the ACP will feature tabs Smile

Tabs? Hmmm sounds interesting