MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promotion System Not Working Properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have created a promotion system on my forum running the latest MyBB version.

In promotion requirements i have selected threads+reputations+time online.

Somehow it is promoting me the members who have been less time than 4 days i selected for the promotion to the contributor rank.

Is the time online requirement working for you?

Please check the screenshots.

[attachment=42062][attachment=42063][attachment=42064][attachment=42065][attachment=42067]

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
I can only offer a few suggestions based on having created a similar promotion a year or so ago...

1. Is it possible you have more than one group selected in the "Original User Group" field?
  2. Also, you have 2 Groups with the same name, different cases (MembeR, MEMBER) I'm not sure if the group names are case sensitive, but it's possible it's using the wrong one because of case-insensitivity? Perhaps change the name of one of them to something else?
  3. Double check the "Equal to" vs "Greater than or equal to" settings (not visible in your screen shots)
  4. Check all of the Group Settings in ACP > Users & Groups > Edit Group for both the "original" and "new" user groups.
  5. Is it possible Users who have met the criteria, in their User settings, have chosen a different display group?
  6. Check the settings in ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Promotion System > Edit task
  7. Consider dropping the Time Online requirement (because people can just leave the web page open and you have no idea how engaged they are - they other requirements measure activity better anyway?)
  8. Try deleting and recreating the promotion
I have tried the above methods but they don't work.

I think the time online function isn't working, that's why it is promoting them because it is getting the threads + rep options fulfilled.

The time online hasn't the equal or greater than option.

And sadly, i need it to make the whole promotion system work.

Still seeking for help.
Are you able to make another, completely separate forum on the same server, and just to the minimum generic set up - default settings, default theme... ?

Then, be a bit methodical, by creating a simple promotion system based on 1 criteria, create a few users, and log in as them to make posts, or get reputation, and then wait the 20 minutes or so for the promotion system to run...

Then add the next variable to the promotion system, create a few new users, make posts, leave the screen on for X hours so they meet the time requirement, and see if they get promoted...

By doing it in steps, you can verify which parts are working and which aren't one by one. Maybe?
I suspect it is the time online part that is not working.

But i will try to test them all one by one and update here.

Can somebody else perhaps, test my making a promotion if working with time online option?

Thanks
So,i created a new promotion only with time online option.

Selected 4 days online and it will promote me the members who have been online only for 2 days.

That means, the time online function isn't working as it should.

Can someone else try this?

Thanks
I tested this and confirmed Time Online is not working correctly for the promotion system.
Looks like a bug indeed. Added on GitHub: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3763
Thanks i will be following.

Kind regards.