MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steam details in forum profile + postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Users have the possibility to enter their SteamID in their profile. Then some details about your Steam profile will be displayed in the forum profile. The administrator can decide which lines to display.

The plugin can display the following:
  • Steam name
  • Last login
  • Current status (Online, Offline, Away, ...)
  • 64Bit SteamID
  • Account created
  • Last game played (last two weeks + total hours)
  • Games owned
  • Steam avatar
  • It can also show whether the user is currently in the game.

Please have a look at the screenshots!

Important: You have to create an API-Key at Steam! This key must be simply inserted in the settings of the plugin. https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey

Important: The steam profile must be public.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
German / Deutsch:

Benutzer haben die Möglichkeit, ihre SteamID in ihr Profil einzutragen. Anschließend werden einige Details zum Steamprofil im Forumsprofil angezeigt Der Administrator kann bestimmen, welche Details angezeigt werden sollen.

Das Plugin kann bis jetzt folgendes im Profil anzeigen:
  • Steamnamen
  • Letzter Login
  • Aktueller Status (Online, Offline, Abwesend, ...)
  • 64Bit SteamID
  • Wann der Account erstellt wurde
  • Welches Spiel zuletzt gespielt wurde inkl. Stunden in den letzten 2 Wochen + gesamte Stunden
  • Wieviel Spiele der Account besitzt
  • Steam Avatar / Profilbild
  • Desweiteren kann angezeigt werden, dass der Benutzer im Spiel ist.
Bitte schaut euch die Screenshots an.

Wichtig: Damit das Plugin verwendet werden kann, wird ein Steam-API-Key benötigt! Dieser muss in den Einstellungen des Plugins einfach eingefügt werden. https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey

Wichtig: Das Steamprofil muss öffentlich sein.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exclamation Download: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1291
It should be noted that if other users get access to your API key they have full control over your Steam account so it's recommended to create a fake Steam account when generating the API key.
(2019-07-30, 08:43 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]It should be noted that if other users get access to your API key they have full control over your Steam account so it's recommended to create a fake Steam account when generating the API key.

Sorry, I don't understand. My key is nowhere to be seen. What exactly do you mean?
(2019-07-31, 05:21 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-30, 08:43 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]It Should be Noted did if other users get access to your API key theyhave full control over your Steam account so it's recommended to create a fake Steam account When generating the API key.

Sorry, I do not understand. My key is nowhere to be seen. What exactly do you mean?

I meant for people who use this on their forum and need to enter their own API key. I wanted to make sure people knew how dangerous it is to share their API key with other people (mostly other forum staff).
(2019-07-31, 05:53 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-30, 08:43 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]It Should be Noted did if other users get access to your API key theyhave full control over your Steam account so it's recommended to create a fake Steam account When generating the API key.

Sorry, I do not understand. My key is nowhere to be seen. What exactly do you mean?

I meant for people who use this on their forum and need to enter their own API key. I wanted to make sure people knew how dangerous it is to share their API key with other people (mostly other forum staff).

Thanks for the information.

Just as a question / for understanding: How can I use the API to access my own profile and edit details? ... or more generally: How can the API key be misused to gain access to a profile?
(2019-07-31, 07:32 AM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-31, 05:53 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the information.

Just as a question / for understanding: How can I use the API to access my own profile and edit details? ... or more generally: How can the API key be misused to gain access to a profile?

The API can be used to buy in game items, trade/gift items to other people, bypass 2FA to authenticate your account with Steam, access sensitive personal information, and more. I recommend not sharing the key with anybody and if the forum gets hacked or another board admin gets it they can do a lot of financial damage.
Update V. 1.0.1

- Bug during Installation (in MySQL Strict Mode) fixxed.

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...1&bid=4043
Update Version 1.1.0:

- With the update you can now also display some steam information in the postbit (CSS code was created by the user Aryndel Lamb-Marsh (aka Tanweth) https://github.com/jonnyboy0719/MySteam-...ysteam.css

[attachment=42089]
[attachment=42090]
[attachment=42091]

Exclamation Download V 1.1.0: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...1&bid=4049
The postbit's are not working I can only see myself online all other members show offline not even a profile picture.

Their steam profiles are not private as in each member's profile page under contact details everything shows correctly with their online status. and i have confirmed with them.

so the problem is somewhere in the post bit coding i have been looking for it to have a look myself but cannot find it.
(2019-10-14, 02:19 PM)cartman[src] Wrote: [ -> ]The postbit's are not working I can only see myself online all other members show offline not even a profile picture.

Their steam profiles are not private as in each member's profile page under contact details everything shows correctly with their online status. and i have confirmed with them.

so the problem is somewhere in the post bit coding i have been looking for it to have a look myself but cannot find it.

Hi,

I have tested the whole plugin locally and online in my DEV environment. I can't find a bug yet.

I have already sent you some PNs - the best way is to test them together with TeamViewer.

Please also note that the steam-profile of the users must be public - otherwise the API cannot fetch any data.

Greetings
itsmeJAY
Pages: 1 2