MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recover deleted PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to recover a deleted PM? Like SQL query or something? Basically someone is calling me a liar and I had a PM to prove myself but it was deleted. Thanks.
You can recover it if you did a backup of your database that still contain that pm.
And if I don't have that? I need to check but just in case.
As long as messages are deleted from Inbox, you can find them in Trash Can.
When a message is deleted from Trash Can it is irrecoverably lost!

Depending on your hosting service, you might be able to recover a server backup or particular contents.
Go to your hosting/server administration or ask your hoster.

Quote:[...] but just in case.
Mind creating backups then Smile

[ExiTuS]
Just getting back to this, what would be a way I could search for this in the database? I'm not very well versed in SQL or whatever other way there would be.
Suppose the table prefix your forum has is mybb_, PMs are stored in table mybb_privatemessages.

If you have any backup of your database, recover the backup into a SQL server (probably MySQL depending on which your forum's using), and you can use phpMyAdmin or other useful tools for investigation.
(2019-08-16, 02:28 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Suppose the table prefix your forum has is mybb_, PMs are stored in table mybb_privatemessages.

If you have any backup of your database, recover the backup into a SQL server (probably MySQL depending on which your forum's using), and you can use phpMyAdmin or other useful tools for investigation.
Thanks. If it was in the Trash Can, is that a different table, or is it all under _privatemessages?
(2019-08-16, 02:44 PM)HardyGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. If it was in the Trash Can, is that a different table, or is it all under _privatemessages?
You're welcome.

All PMs in basic MyBB installations go in this table, regardless of their statuses, unread, read, sent or deleted into trash can.
Excellent. Thanks again!