MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How SEO friendly URLs impact on visits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Question  Smile
They don't. Not directly.

The idea of SEO friendly URLs is that there are keywords right in the URL. I'm not sure I agree with this approach, as keywords should be in titles, etc.
The search engines still recommend using them, which means there might be some ranking weight assigned to the use of them, albeit a low weight.

The main reason to install it would be for the user friendliness - your users prefer human readable URLs as opposed to cryptic dynamic (query string) URLs.
I renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess but MyBB do not enable the friendly urls. And if I select enable friendly urls it not work.
(2019-08-02, 01:19 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]I renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess but MyBB do not enable the friendly urls. And if I select enable friendly urls it not work.

MyBB's stock SEF URLs are not SEO URLs in the sense that we are discussing. Install Google SEO plugin for that.
I did it but it ask for PluginLibrary. But then it says that iti s too old version... while the v12 seems to be the last.
Yes I didn't found it before. Just installed and it works perfectly. Smile
Google SEO plugin has sitemap options, read the documentation, or look at the configurable settings.
Pages: 1 2