MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade failure - does not finish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upgrading a site from 1.18.15 today and I uploaded all new files to the server and proceeded the upgrade. Well, that was a failure. It never finished the upgrade and stalled out at the Settings Synchronization page. I hit next and then it's just a blank white page and no update happens.

SO I find this thread: https://community.mybb.com/thread-223985...pid1333524

Followed the instructions to go from .15 to .16 and I get the same thing. So I'm putting the old files back until I can figure out what the heck is going on.

I'm stumped. I'm also afraid to update other forums for fear of failure and loss of time and data. Any ideas?

[attachment=42095]

Found a bug in the configuration. Apparently you cannot open all the configuration settings and set them all up at once and hit "save". You will only save the last option available on the page. You MUST save individually in EACH section for your settings to take hold.

Anyone? Could really use the help.

NOTE: the bug I found was on a fresh install and new database. I still cannot get forums to fully upgrade.
Anyone? REALLY Need to update several sites and finding it impossible
(2019-08-08, 01:28 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I hit next and then it's just a blank white page and no update happens.
Could you find anything specified with the upgrade script in PHP error log? Are you using the latest MyBB version?

BTW, Show all settings in the site configuration has sections and in each section there is a Save settings button. It's not a bug, but by design.
That happened to me when i forgot to disable plugins.
What you can do is check the error logs (if you have access to them) and edit out the lines causing errors in settings.php one by one until the installation script runs through.
(2019-08-11, 02:52 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-08, 01:28 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I hit next and then it's just a blank white page and no update happens.

BTW, Show all settings in the site configuration has sections and in each section there is a Save settings button. It's not a bug, but by design.

Yes I'm trying to upgrade to the newest version. I never looked at the error log.
I never checked any error logs because it never finished any upgrade. It's like it didn't even 'take'.

(2019-08-12, 11:43 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]That happened to me when i forgot to disable plugins.
What you can do is check the error logs (if you have access to them) and edit out the lines causing errors in settings.php one by one until the installation script runs through.

THIS might be why. I forgot to disable plugins. I'll give that a go first. Thanks.

(2019-08-12, 11:43 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]That happened to me when i forgot to disable plugins.

Thank you! Worked perfectly~