MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help my forums have been hacked!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have gotten a HTTP 500 server error.  I made no changes to my site. All of a sudden I couldn't get on my forums.

I am not a programmer so I don't know what to look for.  This site has been running for years and I would hate to lose all the posts etc by starting over.  Can someone please help me figure this out?  The rest of the site is unaffected.

site  www.isaactherunner.com/forums  My software is up to date and I am using Windows 10 64 bit.
Contact your webhost. HTTP 500 server error means your server has an issue not that you have been hacked.
(2019-08-10, 06:28 AM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Contact your webhost. HTTP 500 server error means your server has an issue not that you have been hacked.
I already tried that, they said because it's 3rd party software and there is no problem on their end and with the rest of the site they couldn't help.
If the forum worked before and the error appear without do any changes problem is the hosting. Explain that to theme or you'll change hosting.
HTTP 500 error is not only caused by server (hosting) issues. It can very well be code causing the problem.

Ask your host how to turn on php error reporting, and then try to pin point the problem.
Got webhost to fix it finally. Thanks for the advice.