MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want start study PHP & MySql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please some php expert wanna suggest me the best resources to start from (books) or great web source to print I'd apreciate so much.
Just consider I want to learn it only to manage better my MyBB forum and create some plugins for the community.
If the resources are in italian language it's better cause it is my mother language.

Heart
(2019-08-13, 02:55 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]Just consider I want to learn it only to manage better my MyBB forum and create some plugins for the community.

Don't really care why you want to learn it. My suggestion is the same: Pick a project that you WANT to complete, and learn the hard way. By doing.
(2019-08-16, 05:25 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Don't really care why you want to learn it. My suggestion is the same: Pick a project that you WANT to complete, and learn the hard way. By doing.

I totally agree.

If you start a project and hit a brick wall, start something smaller until you can complete it.

Read everything online about web dev. When you are Googling something to figure it out, don't be in a rush. Take your time and learn as much as you can about something. Sometimes you will learn something two or three years down the road and realize that you have been doing something wrong for that long. Take your time and immerse yourself in all things webdev (not just PHP).

Also, to spam my own post, read this: Developing MyBB Plugins (Ah, I see . . .)
Basically you are telling me how I learned english language. Big Grin
I learned english reading forum posts, the school just give me the first base, internet did the big part.

I catched the concept. Thanks!