MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How would I go around these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello so I'm sitting here and considering to do some extensive plugins that would use 'Forms' in either 1. Settings. 2. Pages.

Now I am fairly adept with the whole template situation, but I know a thing or two about forms, one is that you can't 'nest' forms, neither can you do 'extensive' modification to the 'settings'.

All of this is totally hypothetical as I have no code to show for it, but let's say I create a page, page.php, in there is a form submitting to page.php, I can fairly easily code that and handle everything there, here comes the BUT.

BUT

I don't want to handle administrative tasks there, because I don't know how to create multiselect options for settings that would insert into my settings a comma separated list of the select options that has been selected, and I don't like to 'assume' that usergroup ID 1 == administrator, and like that I don't want to add administrative tasks to page.php.

Instead I wouldn't mind having the ability to create forms in the settings page, like a page where I could ban a user based on certain criteria from my plugin, that way I can create administrative options for an admin to my plugin.

I am just so locked and I'm really sorry for my bad explanation, if anyone has any ideas please do let me know, could I create an admin page myself and go with that? but then again it feels a bit intrusive and I'm not sure how I would go about this ?