MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New registrations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My  friends are, or have been trying to register on my site, one problem that's come up is that they've filled out all profile fields such as username, password etc then tried to register, they then get a message back saying they need to fill in what sex they are.. I've tried registering a second account for myself as a member rather than an admin and note there's no option for putting in what sex we are upon registration..

I've struggled through the ACP to try and find where the problem is, and turn off the Capcha as well, but can't find anything to fix the sex question, what am I not doing or doing I shouldn't be doing? I must admit to finding the ACP more than a little confusing after the old Zetaboards set up..

Could someone please explain how I get rid of the sex question on registration in simple terms for this old man please?
This is in Home » Custom Profile Fields, change required to No.
Thanks, fixed the sex problem, hopefully the Captcha is disabled too now, no point having it seeing we're on admin activation..
(2019-08-17, 12:46 AM)SandyC Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, fixed the sex problem, hopefully the Captcha is disabled too now, no point having it seeing we're on admin activation..

CAPTCHA settings are under ACP > Configuration > Settings > General Configuration and also on ... > Login and Registration Options, there is a Display a hidden CAPTCHA field.

CAPTCHA is not that smart but should be an essential, you may not want to turn it off on a production site.

And about your first problem of gender selection not showing up, seems a lacking support of additional fields in your template. Do you have problems of showing other custom member field in register page? Do you use a custom theme/template?