MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Odd Issue with Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently working to migrate away from MyBB. Nothing against it, it's just not for us anymore.

At any rate, we've got over 1000 attachments on the forums. Most of these came from ourprior forum that was running SMF.

Now, in my uploads folder I have many subfolders with with .attach and .jpg thumbnails associated with post numbers. There are only about 40 of those. In the root of the uploads folder I also have 1000 or so attachment/thumbnails associated with post_0.

On the MyBB forum, all of them do show up as they should.

If I use the vBulletin Impex program to import from MyBB I only get the attachments that have post numbers associated. The end result is that the imported posts are missing most of their attachments.

So, I think that to get an import working right I first need to get MyBB to properly associate those old attachments to posts.

Is there a tool that can do this?

Thanks.
(2019-08-17, 07:58 PM)Daryn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently working to migrate away from MyBB. Nothing against it, it's just not for us anymore.

At any rate, we've got over 1000 attachments on the forums. Most of these came from ourprior forum that was running SMF.

Now, in my uploads folder I have many subfolders with with .attach and .jpg thumbnails associated with post numbers. There are only about 40 of those. In the root of the uploads folder I also have 1000 or so attachment/thumbnails associated with post_0.

On the MyBB forum, all of them do show up as they should.

If I use the vBulletin Impex program to import from MyBB I only get the attachments that have post numbers associated. The end result is that the imported posts are missing most of their attachments.

So, I think that to get an import working right I first need to get MyBB to properly associate those old attachments to posts.

Is there a tool that can do this?

Thanks.

The wrong website to post this.

You need to post this at the vBulletin website for assistance. 

MyBB.com does not provide support for vBulletin issues.
I'm hedging my bets and posting on both.

I'm not asking for help with importing, I'm asking for help associating attachments to their proper posts. From what I can see MyBB attachments should have the postid in it. So the 1000 or so that don't are puzzling to me. I would've thought MyBB would've done this during the Import from SMF. Everything seemed to work so I never looked in the uploads folder until I started working to move away from MyBB.
(2019-08-18, 03:49 AM)Daryn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hedging my bets and posting on both.

I'm not asking for help with importing, I'm asking for help associating attachments to their proper posts. From what I can see MyBB attachments should have the postid in it. So the 1000 or so that don't are puzzling to me. I would've thought MyBB would've done this during the Import from SMF. Everything seemed to work so I never looked in the uploads folder until I started working to move away from MyBB.

Well, maybe before you had decided to switch away from MyBB forum software, you should have done your due diligence and checked those folders.

While you had the website running MyBB forum software, you would have solved that issue before the switch.

Now, that you have gone beyond the point of "no return", you won't find support for your issue from MyBB.com. 

Good luck.
(2019-08-18, 03:49 AM)Daryn Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hedging my bets and posting on both.

So your MyBB is converted from SMF?

XXX in post_XXX_.... is the user id who uploaded this attachment, and if XXX is '0' probably means the user is an guest. It's pretty normal.

But if you still have questions, check MyBB's table [pre_]attachments for these columns pid and uid, which are the associated post id and user id who uploaded the attachment.