MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Clarify the MyBB Support Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2019-08-21, 01:53 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]And with that, I've said what I have to say. Again, thanks for playing.

I didn't realize that name-calling is a game for you. Go ahead and keep playing that game, you will lose every time.
(2019-08-21, 02:50 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-21, 01:53 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]And with that, I've said what I have to say. Again, thanks for playing.

I didn't realize that name-calling is a game for you. Go ahead and keep playing that game, you will lose every time.

This has nothing to do with the multiple posts involving the actual subject involved.
@Ben Cousins & @Serpius: Cool it, you two. You're not going to change anything by filling the thread with your one-on-one...you have both said your peace. Enough.
So i asked the question, but the only clarification received is that there are team members who want to support these illegal sites and/or siteowners.

What is being said here:

(2019-08-20, 03:07 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]The Code of Conduct and Support Eligibility Policy disallow content universally recognized as illegal (through moderation and/or removal, and revocation of support status account-wide, respectively).

The 2018 changes addressed requirements previously left for interpretation and removed conditions we deemed unnecessary for the SEP.

is at odds with what is being said here, and what is contained in the policy:

(2019-08-19, 09:28 AM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]Owners of 'hacking' forums are indeed eligible for support under the new policy.

For the benefit of the community and the integrity of the product:
1) These team members who cannot toe the line wrt policy interpretation (trying to dress up hacking as "ethical hacking" is absurd) and policy enforcement, should be removed from the team.
2) Instead of labelling these siteowners with support denied, it would be a justifiable action to outright ban these people from the MyBB site.

The majority of posts being made on the forum now are from these junk sites looking for support, they make no positive contribution to the project in general. Just get rid of them, and allow for an environment that promotes better quality posts, and members who are willing to provide support.
Ethical hacking *is* a thing. You may not like that, but it is a thing.

You’re right though, they contribute nothing to the community other than a bunch of low quality posts. This can easily be dealt with by moderation.
(2019-08-24, 11:10 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]For the benefit of the community and the integrity of the product:
1) These team members who cannot toe the line wrt policy interpretation (trying to dress up hacking as "ethical hacking" is absurd) and policy enforcement, should be removed from the team.
2) Instead of labelling these siteowners with support denied, it would be a justifiable action to outright ban these people from the MyBB site.

The majority of posts being made on the forum now are from these junk sites looking for support, they make no positive contribution to the project in general. Just get rid of them, and allow for an environment that promotes better quality posts, and members who are willing to provide support.

I get what you are saying, but how does one define 'junk sites'? 

Where do you draw the line in determining what is considered a junk website and what is NOT a junk website?

I am curious to see your response to this question.
(2019-08-25, 09:28 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]-

Hacking/leaking are junk sites.
The new policy won't change when staff use those kinds of sites, this is why they are in favor of the new policy.
While, I can only speak for my thoughts and no other, I tend to try and give support to most anyone that asks for it if my time allows as the very concept of sharing is caring, knowledge is power and sharing knowledge is kinda a big part of a community and is often the very reason behind many a  project / software creation from the start, though I tend to set the lowest priority on helping anyone I know is running a cracked/leaked site, not just becaause of the fact that it is a site that promotes piracy but simply also because it is about a behavioral pattern. These crack/leak sites often charge money over and over for the content they know is illegal to provide via their website, yet, if you give them support even once, or teach them this or that via support request replies, the requests never end as they have a brain wired for seeking perpetual handouts rather than learning and growing from the experience. As they are in the business of earning off an army of users whom also have the mindset of gaining perpetual handouts..., I find that is why, while I tend to try to not deny folks help if and or when I have free time to do so, I do have very little motivation to help owners of cracked/leaked sites.
Pages: 1 2 3