MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum suddenly "gone"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I appreciate your help here. I just recently installed MyBB and everything was working fine. I was still in the process of setting things up when this happened.

I just installed NewPoints yesterday and started working on those settings today. But when I just now went to the main forum (not the admin which is fine) here is what I found: http://papayaville.com/market/

Anyone have any ideas? Is it something to do with Newpoints or a coincidence or?

Thank you for your support.

Rick
(2019-08-22, 11:13 PM)papayaville Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I appreciate your help here. I just recently installed MyBB and everything was working fine. I was still in the process of setting things up when this happened.

I just installed NewPoints yesterday and started working on those settings today. But when I just now went to the main forum (not the admin which is fine) here is what I found: http://papayaville.com/market/

Anyone have any ideas? Is it something to do with Newpoints or a coincidence or?

Thank you for your support.

Rick

Check the screenshot below... then... go to your AdminCP and fix it according to the screenshot.

[Image: c0085058c5f5bc42f86c41e0140c23d6.png]
Seems like you enabled gzip but may also have it enabled via your hosting. I recommend turning off one of them.
Thank you, yes, I just checked and it was set to Yes. I upped the number to 5 as your site is set to and it lessened the number of characters but still showing them.

(2019-08-22, 11:39 PM)ArtForums Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you enabled gzip but may also have it enabled via your hosting. I recommend turning off one of them.

Yes!  That was it, thank you. I turned it off in the forum admin and it fixed it. Is it okay to leave it off as long as the hosting one is on?

Thanks!
(2019-08-22, 11:40 PM)papayaville Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, yes, I just checked and it was set to Yes. I upped the number to 5 as your site is set to and it lessened the number of characters but still showing them.

(2019-08-22, 11:39 PM)ArtForums Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you enabled gzip but may also have it enabled via your hosting. I recommend turning off one of them.

Yes!  That was it, thank you. I turned it off in the forum admin and it fixed it. Is it okay to leave it off as long as the hosting one is on?

Thanks!

Yep, if it works and looks better... leave it off. It won't hurt anything. 

My setup is different from your setup due to hosting differences.
(2019-08-23, 12:22 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-22, 11:40 PM)papayaville Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, yes, I just checked and it was set to Yes. I upped the number to 5 as your site is set to and it lessened the number of characters but still showing them.

Thanks!

Yep, if it works and looks better... leave it off. It won't hurt anything. 

My setup is different from your setup due to hosting differences.

Okay, great, thanks very much!! You guys have been extremely helpful Smile

Thanks!

That is correct.