MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Age confirmation at Signup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Community,

How do i implement a feature on the user registration flow, perhaps a final step, whereby a new user have to confirm/tick that they are over the age of 18 years? 

I couldn't find a plugin, a setting in my dashboard or a thread Sad Will keep looking.

Thanks for all the support.

Me again. I found a thread that shows how you can edit the default age of 13 (Coppa compliance) on member.php. But it does require the user to enter their full D.O.B, which most people wouldn't want to do.

If a plugin is not available, how do I just add a text field "By registering, you confirm that you are 18 years old and over"?
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=808

Quote:You can choose to require a full date of birth, just a day and month, or make it fully optional.
Another lightweight solution...
Add a text with your desired minimum age to your Registration Agreement, that needs agreed with click on the button "I agree".

Or edit the button in the Registration Agreement like this:
[ Yes, I am at least 18 and agree to the terms ]

A given text and a button click is more definite and reliable than any fantasy birth date.

[ExiTuS]