MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database backup through ACP never works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I backup my database every day. I do it through cPanel.

I have tried doing it through ACP of mybb but it seems that it never works properly. When I open the database sql file through Atom or Notepad++ it shows gibberish.

Any suggestions??
Is there any errors displayed during database backing up process in MyBB?
Are you backing it up as Plain Text? Default is GZIP compression and you'll have to decompress the file first before opening it in a text editor.
(2019-08-24, 08:20 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any errors displayed during database backing up process in MyBB?

Nope no errors shown. Even when I decompress file from gzip form.
(2019-08-24, 10:42 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Are you backing it up as Plain Text? Default is GZIP compression and you'll have to decompress the file first before opening it in a text editor.

I do the download in gzip form.
(2019-08-25, 03:35 AM)expmrb Wrote: [ -> ]Nope no errors shown. Even when I decompress file from gzip form.

Then there should be no problem with the SQL file. It contains some binary data (packed IP address, eg. , _binary 0x10000001), so the file might look gibberish to a human.

Do you have problem restoring the SQL into another database? If you see other characters with wrong encoding inside the SQL file, please report the charset of your tables.
Quote:I do the download in gzip form.

Attempt plain text.