MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What the ****
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can literally type in anything in secret pin and it will allow me to login (ofc with the password)
What's your MyBB version?

Did you manually set a PIN at all?
Check ./inc/config.php

If there is your PIN defined, did you have made any other changes to files or PHP code?

[ExiTuS]
(2019-08-28, 02:08 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]What's your MyBB version?

Check ./inc/config.php

If there is your PIN defined, did you have made any other changes to files or PHP code?

[ExiTuS]

Yes I manually set the PIN, because I used softaculous

And no I did not changes
(2019-08-28, 02:24 PM)GeniLoyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-28, 02:08 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]What's your MyBB version?

Check ./inc/config.php

[ExiTuS]

Yes I manually set the PIN, because I used softaculous

And no I did not changes

Using Softaculous to install a new MyBB website is a mistake.

You should have used the 'manual installation' method.
You will have fewer problems if you do a manual installation.

Back to your issue, the PIN is not being properly set during the Softaculous installation. 
For some reason, Softaculous does not do a good job of this.

You have to manually edit the config.php file.
Four stars in the subject line stated a lot.
Better describe the actual issue. Coz I failed to understand. But I understand the stars on the sky. And fetching those from the sky in a post doesn't make your statement stronger.

Oh! I hate adjectives ...
(2019-08-28, 05:29 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Four stars in the subject line stated a lot.
Better describe the actual issue. Coz I failed to understand. But I understand the stars on the sky. And fetching those from the sky in a post doesn't make your statement stronger.

Oh! I hate adjectives ...

Yea, I get what you mean, @effone.

He could have used a cuss word, but MyBB.com would have replaced the "****" with 'lemon' and the title would suggest a cooking recipe. 

'What The Lemon'