MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Points Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

How can i make sure that people cant post in a certain forum unless they have a certain amount of points and if yes after posting i want to deduct X points from them.

How an i do that?
You can set that in Forum Rules with Income Rate, Minimum points to post, and Forum:

[attachment=42164]
(2019-08-30, 02:02 AM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]You can set that in Forum Rules with Income Rate, Minimum points to post, and Forum:

Yes I know but what is the right amount to deduct 50 point? or etc??
(2019-09-02, 06:45 AM)Password1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-30, 02:02 AM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]You can set that in Forum Rules with Income Rate, Minimum points to post, and Forum:

It depends on what income rate you have set for that group or the forum members in general.

So for example, you could set money in Income Settings to be:
  • 5 points for a New Post
  • 10 points for a New Thread
And for the sub forum, you could set the income rate to be -1.

Lets assume for this example that I have $137 to start with, in which case if I post a new:
  • Thread in the designated sub forum, this then reduces my points to $127 dollars, which is a loss of 10 points.
  • Post in that same thread, this then reduces my points to $122 dollars, which is a loss of 5 points.
(2019-09-09, 02:52 AM)New Rogernomics Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-02, 06:45 AM)Password1234 Wrote: [ -> ]

It depends on what income rate you have set for that group or the forum members in general.

So for example, you could set money in Income Settings to be:
  • 5 points for a New Post
  • 10 points for a New Thread
And for the sub forum, you could set the income rate to be -1.

Lets assume for this example that I have $137 to start with, in which case if I post a new:
  • Thread in the designated sub forum, this then reduces my points to $127 dollars, which is a loss of 10 points.
  • Post in that same thread, this then reduces my points to $122 dollars, which is a loss of 5 points.
Awesome thank you for the clarification