MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme: FA5Dark - Icons missing in forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
As the subject says, some icons are missing on the forum for FA5Dark-theme as you can see here:  https://www.upload.ee/image/10425389/mis..._forum.png
I´ve checked the image path and it seems ok. 
Any ideas here why the forum icons ain´t showing up?
Regards

EDIT:
Also icons on profile page is missing.
(2019-08-31, 07:44 AM)Ray2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
As the subject says, some icons are missing on the forum for FA5Dark-theme as you can see here:  https://www.upload.ee/image/10425389/mis..._forum.png
I´ve checked the image path and it seems ok. 
Any ideas here why the forum icons ain´t showing up?
Regards

EDIT:
Also icons on profile page is missing.

The image path is not relevant because we do not deal with the standard mybb image path as bogging down the default images directory is not and has never been optimal, so I do not use the images directory period for such. The problem you are having is because your font-awesome library is not loading thus most likely the directory was not uploaded correctly.

Ie: yourforum/themes/fa5dark

Example:
[Image: Screenshot-20190902-170242.png]
* for this example say as you can see my forum is housed inside a directory called "mybb" with forum root being "community" thus inside that is a directiry called "themes" and inside that is all the files for fa5dark theme contained within a directory called "fa5dark"

The pkg is setup with correct directory structure so as to avoid any confusion with this. Just like when you download mybb dist pkg you have "Upload" = to your forum root directory, if this confusing rename upload to your forum roit directory name and then ftp the correct directory structure to place your files where they actually belong, thus correcting your issue. Best of luck.  Cool
Hi and thanks for you answer.
Ah, I see now. But even if I set the path to /public_html/themes/FA5Dark no icons shows up.
Or is that path still wrong? That is from the FTP path structure I have.
Regards
(2019-09-03, 05:42 AM)Ray2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for you answer.
Ah, I see now. But even if I set the path to /public_html/themes/FA5Dark no icons shows up.
Regards
What is the permission of the FA5Dark folder ?
(2019-09-03, 05:42 AM)Ray2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for you answer.
Regards

Set the path? As in set the path in theme settings? That is not required and the only concern you should have abouth path is uploading the files in correct directory structure via file transfer protocol. If the theme cannot find the fontawesome5 folder housed in yourforumroot/themes/fa5dark then of course you will experience a failure to load font awesome icons as your image clearly shows is the current case. The theme headerinclude call is looking for this directory...yourforumroot/themes/fa5dark/fontawesome5 and said files contained within and without that your fontawesome icons will not load period. Note: do not edit image path in theme settings at all.

Anyhoo, hopefully you got it sorted. Infortunately I will no longer be offering any support for anything and have shutdown all mybb related projects so even this theme will no longer be available nor support be provided. Thanks for your interest. Best of luck.