MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I make a member staff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking round in the ACP, but can't for the life of me see how to promote a member to either Moderator or Admin, no doubt I'm missing something simple, could someone help out in easy to follow steps for this old dummy please?

I need to sort both a new Mod and Admin fairly soon as this old fella is going overseas for a much needed break, it'll be the first holiday in over 10 years, I hope promoting to staff is easy enough.
admin control panel >> Users & Groups >>

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

>> Profile >> Primary User Groups
Looked there for a newbie who's also a good friend and can't change the user group, is there something in the Newbie settings stopping me? If so, how do I make Newbies members and drop the Newbie group?
i think you want to find this

[Image: 1.jpg]
Yes, I followed previous instructions and only found basic profile information, the Options drop down didn't have that list though, I must be missing something unless there's a further step in the above instructions?
(2019-09-01, 11:18 PM)SandyC Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I followed previous instructions and only found basic profile information, the Options drop down didn't have that list though, I must be missing something unless there's a further step in the above instructions?

Check to see you have a moderator usergroup. If not, create one

/index.php?module=user-groups
yourforum.com/admin/index.php?module=user-users&action=edit&uid=683#tab_profile

683=user id
Got a moderator group and the permissions are all okay..