MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to send email notifications ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As an admin...when i create a new thread, email notification are not going to other users. I tried PHP and SMTP in mail settings. Both are not working.

Any suggestions please ?

Nana
There is no option to subscribe a forum and being notified when a new thread is created, unless you use a plugin for that.
OK. Thanks for your reply.

Which Plug in i have to install for Notifying the users of a new thread ?
In addition, you may use Mass Mail from AdminCP > Users & Groups to notify users, with specified user/email/usergroup settings. But it's totally manually done.
(2019-09-02, 11:26 AM)nfornana Wrote: [ -> ]As an admin...when i create a new thread, email notification are not going to other users. I tried PHP and SMTP in mail settings. Both are not working.

Any suggestions please ?

Nana
Go to Tools and Maintenance > System Mail Settings
What error are you seeing for the failed emails ?
i could not locate System mail settings in Tools and maintenance. Where is that navigation ?

Thanks

Mass mailing..even though it is manual... is a good idea. i made a mail to registered users. But my message is queued. How long it take to send ? Is there an option to send that immediately ?
Not sure if you're having mail issues or just want to notify users with new content.

(2019-09-02, 12:49 PM)nfornana Wrote: [ -> ]i could not locate System mail settings in Tools and maintenance. Where is that navigation ?

It's under Configuration > Board Settings > Mail Settings in your AdminCP.

(2019-09-02, 12:49 PM)nfornana Wrote: [ -> ]Mass mailing..even though it is manual... is a good idea. i made a mail to registered users. But my message is queued. How long it take to send ? Is there an option to send that immediately ?

Mass mailing is done when the built-in task Mass Mail(under Tools & Maintenance in your AdminCP) is processed. By default, it's being executed every 15 minutes, if the board is visited continuously, unless you've disabled it or your board has no visitors (by real man, search engine, or cron job).
yes. mails to all registered users are sent by the system in 15 minutes. if i know the plugin for mails upon every new thread...that will be excellent.