MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help, Permissions for more than one group users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm creating a forum with several private forums. For example i have a base group of 'registered' and they cannot see three forums. the next up is a group of 'leaders' and they can access one of those forums, and the next up is 'executive' and so on. The problem is that if a person is in more than one group, primary and secondary, and one of those groups is a private one, they can't access it. Their second group cuts them out because of the permissions. Is there a way around this? (without having to change every single person's profiles).

I'm use to having the group with privacy overide the permissions blocking the second, i'm not sure how to set this up.

Thanks, help is greatly appreciated!
hey, i just figured out that this is a good way to control which moderators can go where. hehehe
But also, it doesn't matter which group is secondary or primary, the permissions still cut the person out.
I think i can deal with the custom user groups, i can make sure every one is only in one, however, the user joinable group 'Mailing list' is causing me problems, because of the very same reasons as above, however i need to be able to let people get into this one so that they can be mailed, can i exclude this group from permissions somehow? Make it so that it can be overidden by any group? ahhhh this is so confusing Sad
ARGHH! So making the 'mail list' group has permissions to access all the private forums, and hoping that the other group would cut it off, didn't work. Now if you belong to mail list you can access anything no matter what your primary group is...wtf
You know you have permission to edit, even if your usergroup "Registered" is your Primary Usergroup.
Please edit your posts in the future, there is no excuse for creating 4 posts, one after the other within the space of an hour.
LeX- Wrote:You know you have permission to edit, even if your usergroup "Registered" is your Primary Usergroup.

Thanks, that actually sparked an idea, i think if i make being on the mailing list not optional by making the list out of the 'registered' group then make everyone's primary group 'registered', then put in their respective secondary group it might work.

oh and sorry for not editing my posts. ^_^;;

thanks