MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with my AdminCP page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No idea if this is the right place to ask. I decided I wanted to change my language in my AdminCP to British English and now all I get is this:
/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/admin/config_countries.lang.php does not exist
I can't change anything because I can't get past this message.
I do have CoreFTP and can make changes that way but I have no clue as to what to change to revert back to the default setting.
Cheers if anyone can help.
Uplaod this file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaulBe...y.lang.php

to

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/

and upload this file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaulBe...s.lang.php

to

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/admin/

You should also have the two files in the english language folder so you can just download them from there and upload them again to englishgb
(2019-09-07, 09:17 AM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]Uplaod this file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaulBe...y.lang.php

to

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/

and upload this file

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PaulBe...s.lang.php

to

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/admin/

You should also have the two files in the english language folder so you can just download them from there and upload them again to englishgb
Hmmm... I have country flags installed, this problem happened when I tried to tell it that I wanted British English as the language.
(2019-09-08, 05:01 AM)Kiwibryn Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... I have country flags installed, this problem happened when I tried to tell it that I wanted British English as the language.

Simply as the output message suggests said file is not found, thus adding the file corrects this.

Ie:

Copy:

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/english/admin/config_countries.lang.php

To:

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/admin/config_countries.lang.php
(2019-09-08, 05:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-08, 05:01 AM)Kiwibryn Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... I have country flags installed, this problem happened when I tried to tell it that I wanted British English as the language.

Simply as the output message suggests said file is not found, thus adding the file corrects this.

Ie:

Copy:

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/english/admin/config_countries.lang.php

To:

/home/buggerit/public_html/mybb/inc/languages/englishgb/admin/config_countries.lang.php
Nope... that didn't work either...

I finally went with a brute force approach and duplicated the whole english folder to the englishgb folder. Success... Thank you for your input, it was the trigger to the solution. Not elegant,, I know.
(2019-09-09, 06:46 AM)Kiwibryn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-08, 05:54 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Ie:

Copy:

To:

Nope... that didn't work either...

I finally went with a brute force approach and duplicated the whole english folder to the englishgb folder. Success... Thank you for your input, it was the trigger to the solution. Not elegant,, I know.

Cool beans, glad you got it sorted. The reason why I provided the answer as such was based on the only error message you provided, that was not to say once you added the file in relation to the error message that it would not produce another in reference to other missing englishgb files related to that plugin or any other active plugins missing englishgb lang files as the process for correction would be the exact same for each notice. Wink