MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Box floating in wrong spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2019-09-26, 05:17 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 04:42 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using the default theme, then just replace the global.css with the latest version, because there will be other issues you will be having related to upgrading.

Ashley, do you have a copy of the latest version of the global.css? I always thought that updated when you update the forums.

In the cache/themes/. area I have 3 different themes all of which have dates that do not coincide with the date that I upgraded the forum. I also have two sites having this issue with the default theme now. Custom themes are not affected but I have no idea where the differences are even with a comparison. I upgraded this forum on 9/9/2019

I'm stumped

Check those CSS in AdminCP, they're actually stored in the database, under Templates & Style > Themes by editing a specific theme. For each built-in/default CSS file under MyBB master style or default theme, eg. global.css, you can revert it to the default version under the Options button.

The directories/files you've attached in the screenshot are cached from the database by MyBB.
(2019-09-27, 06:36 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-26, 05:17 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-11, 04:42 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using the default theme, then just replace the global.css with the latest version, because there will be other issues you will be having related to upgrading.

Ashley, do you have a copy of the latest version of the global.css? I always thought that updated when you update the forums.

In the cache/themes/. area I have 3 different themes all of which have dates that do not coincide with the date that I upgraded the forum. I also have two sites having this issue with the default theme now. Custom themes are not affected but I have no idea where the differences are even with a comparison. I upgraded this forum on 9/9/2019

I'm stumped

Check those CSS in AdminCP, they're actually stored in the database, under Templates & Style > Themes by editing a specific theme. For each built-in/default CSS file under MyBB master style or default theme, eg. global.css, you can revert it to the default version under the Options button.

The directories/files you've attached in the screenshot are cached from the database by MyBB.

THANK YOU! That worked and now pray I remember this for the future! I never thought this would be "the" fix. I always thought that the theme files updated as well when you uploaded all the new files on upgrade.
(2019-09-27, 02:00 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]THANK YOU! That worked and now pray I remember this for the future! I never thought this would be "the" fix. I always thought that the theme files updated as well when you uploaded all the new files on upgrade.
You're welcome.

The upgrade script does several jobs including:
  • The default template and the MyBB Master Style, aka the default theme, are replaced with new version.
  • Rebuild cache, including re-caching theme CSS files that are out-dated in filesystem.

But you should know if you ever modified any style sheet or template of the MyBB Master Style or the default template, the modified one will just survive and continue to serve you in and after the upgrade.

It's the forum administrators who have modified the default template/CSS, thus MyBB won't erase any of their saved data in an upgrade. The administrators should check any default template/CSS (can be seen from the AdminCP) that has been modified by hand after an upgrade, and modify them according to new ones or just revert them.

Or at least, I can confirm the style sheets (CSS) of MyBB Master Style are deleted and re-inserted, see this GitHub issue if you wanna dig more. As a result, the modified template/CSS will maintain their content in theme cache rebuilding during upgrade process.
Pages: 1 2