MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Amazon SES with mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it straight to the point when doing this? I would like my MX record to not be exposed through CF so i am moving to Amazon ses. I verified my domain, but i am still a little lost. I made a user account, and I see their smtp details, do I just input those into the mail settings in mybb + user account? Itll automatically know what domain i want to use for it? Or do i have to configure more ?
Yes. Turn to AdminCP > Configuration > Settings > Mail Settings:
Select SMTP mail as mail handle, then fill all the input boxes with the SMTP credentials obtained from Amazon SES. Chck aws's documents on Using the Amazon SES SMTP Interface to Send Email and Configuring Email Clients to Send Through Amazon SES

(2019-09-11, 10:22 AM)inanaz Wrote: [ -> ]Itll automatically know what domain i want to use for it?
For this question upon using SMTP, which is the most of what Amazon SES can provide to MyBB I suppose, MyBB will send every mail through the account you've configured for SMTP, where SMTP username should be the account you've created in Amazon SES.