MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fetch data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys so as title say , how can i fetch the data from mybb forums and use it on my application (it's in c++) ,
i want data like username , password  and group name of  that following user ,

so i want to implement it like 

if username and password are correct + he has  vip user group(a custom group not admin or moderator) he can login to my app ,

how can i get it?
1) First of all your C++ application needs an interface to the database (located on your webhosting!?). This is mandatory for accessing the database.
Also the webhosting service must accept remote connection to the database - That's no standard, so check this first!
With no DB interface or allowed remote acces, forget about 2) and go for another project (-:

2) If you wish your application to authenticate a user via login, you need to implement the login routine to your application.
MyBB is using password hashes (md5) with Salt in a defined algorithm. You can find the algorithm in PHP source files - you need to implement this algo to the app for a login/password check.

[ExiTuS]